Online with wii's

Deathadil

WiiChat Member
Dec 2, 2007
I am thinking of getting a wii for christmas, i cannot find one anywere but thats not the matter, i want to play online with other users and on the 360 and ps3 they have head sets, does a wii have one?:scared: :scared: :shocked:

Sadly, Nintendo doesn't think we need one for some reason.

we don't.

anyone who has ever played online with the 360 knows that swearing and general immaturity is common place.. phrases like..

"your mom sucks at this game" and we all know what that leads to

"thats not what she said last night" which leads to

"Well how could she talk with my *&% in her mouth"

see where i'm going with this??

Now we all know that Nintendo is Family Friendly

how would an innocent mother or father feel if they walked into a room only to hear one of those phrases through the headset or through the TV (in the case that the user does not have a headset and therefore the voice comes through the TV)

Nintendo sees this as jeopardizing their family friendly gaming stance.

I think all you "headset whores" should realize that Halo3 is Halo3 and Halo3 is for XBOX..COD4 is COD4 and COD4 is played on guess what...the XBOX

SSBB is going to be amazing no matter what...answer me this..

when you played SSBM on your Gamecube did you ever, even once, want to be able to play online and talk to your opponent??

it never even crossed my mind, i never even thought Nintendo could take a game like SSBM Online but in the next few months we will all know what an amazing game it is, and it will feature NO headset

^ i agree for the most part but i still believe we will get a headset eventually. ssbb doesnt need one, but co-op games such as team death match in medal of honor needs it. but yes its true for the most part we dont need it.

thats what parents are for.. to filter things their kids see and do and hear... if they don't want that to possibly happen then don't buy them a headset or a game that promotes attitudes such as this... or include a feature that can mute opponent voices... or maybe have some sort of voice recognition that would bleep speech... all it would need is a half second delay to do a check for sounds.... and if they have you say so many words they can almost know exactly how you would say a cuss word and bleep it. thats what live radio does, most live tv has a few second delay. but being this a game u'd need software to detect speech.

well i still think headsets will be supported for brawl BUT

they should just have parental controls on wii to enable voice chat someone had a mock up of the wii home menu when you press the button it had like headset enabled disabled nd volume. it should just have a password input to unlock it.

EDIT: pokemon diamond/pearl had voice support and you could choose whether you wanted to use in it your battle. i dont see whatthe big deal is.

Eddienoteddy said:
how would an innocent mother or father feel if they walked into a room only to hear one of those phrases through the headset or through the TV (in the case that the user does not have a headset and therefore the voice comes through the TV)
There could just do what Xbox 360 did and make zones. Family zones, fun zones, and zones where people can **** talk all they want.

Eddienoteddy said:
when you played SSBM on your Gamecube did you ever, even once, want to be able to play online and talk to your opponent??

Yes... Yes I did.

As far as online, is there always a lag? I played Madden 08 last night, and there was a huge lag. I thought my internet connection was pretty good, but how would I know what the problem is?

Back