Onslaught Wii (FPS, WiiWare, Online Co-Op)

me and my friends are getting this and playing co-op. is it only co-op or is there competitive play too?

@iownage. the limit for a wiiware game is 40mb, which is about the same size as a N64 game so yeah, thats why grafx are like that.

^It's not confirmed for a U.S. release but I'd be shocked if Hudson didn't bring it here.

Not a huge fan of FPS (sorry) but enjoying the 'Starship Troopers' fun of this.. .. .. .. for £7 I couldn't resist.

@vashivihan .. .. .. what's the online like? Is it a laugh?

Not a huge fan of FPS (sorry) but enjoying the 'Starship Troopers' fun of this.. .. .. .. for £7 I couldn't resist.

@vashivihan .. .. .. what's the online like? Is it a laugh?

It's only out in Europe/Australia, he is in Canada and they haven't got it yet.

As no-one seems to have played it online I ventured into the realms of the unknown for a quick session.

The way that I'd describe the online is like BWII but with aliens. Great fun (remember I'm not a FPS fan) .. .. .. .. for the chance of 4 player co-op online alone this is a MUST HAVE £7 title.

As no-one seems to have played it online I ventured into the realms of the unknown for a quick session.

The way that I'd describe the online is like BWII but with aliens. Great fun (remember I'm not a FPS fan) .. .. .. .. for the chance of 4 player co-op online alone this is a MUST HAVE £7 title.

have you played co-operative online? if so, is there any lag?
how about competitive online?

According to WiiWare World there is no lag in the cooperative modes.

Their 9/10 may be a little high, I'd imagine that other reviews will range between 6/10 and 8/10 but for 1000 Wii points it looks worth it.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to reach North America as I have 1000 points that I was saving for something decent. Maybe Evasive Space might poach those 1000 points on Monday if it is any good though.

have you played co-operative online? if so, is there any lag?
how about competitive online?

I've not noticed any lag at all in the 'regional' online. Once ya'll get the game we can try the 'worldwide' and see if any creeps in.

I think that the online is restricted to co-op modes (but that won't stop you from leaving your mates to die horribly under a pile of bugs!!!)

I definitely plan to pick this up, so I'll be sure to hook up with you captainff when it's released here (at least it had better be, being there hasn't been confirmation for NA yet).

As for the non-co-op online, from WiiWare Worlds review, it's not really a deathmatch between the players. It's an arena match, where each player tries to garner the most points in a given time limit by killing aliens. Any time you actually shoot an opposing player, you lose health (the same as if you shoot a teammate in co-op). If you die, you do respawn, but you lose a lot of points. Same goes for the co-op game. Both modes of play are more or less a competition between all players to score the most points for a chance to get on the leaderboards.

Official website here: http://www.hudson.co.jp/ww/onslaught/usa/e/

Doesn't look like the leaderboards have been started yet.

Anyone know of a US release date yet, i can't find anything, and i mean anything , that at least looks accurate.

Last edited:
Back