OOT - VC or GC?

JohnnyBra

WiiChat Member
Feb 21, 2007
Which would give better game play? Downloading Zelda: OOT on the Virtual Console, or finding a copy where it was release on GameCube? Any real difference? Same controls?

I'm not aware of any differences (Normally VC games are the same as the original, so there probably aren't any differences). Get the Zelda Collector's Edition for the Gamecube, it's got Majora's Mask and the NES games as well, so it's better value for money.

I own the collecters edition.....actually I have a collection of Zelda games! There really isnt a difference between the two....they both can be played with a GC controller...which I find to feel pretty nice. The controlls are the same....by the way :lol: . Going back to playing Zelda with an N64 controller is often difficult for me. The simple answer is to go buy Zelda OOT right now.....VC channel or buy it from a store..I dont care! No delays....YOU WILL LOVE IT! ^_^

Last edited:
HelpMeGetWii said:
ummm they don't sell gc games on wii
Thats not what he meant. The Collection is a Gamecube game (which Wii's can play), thus, he would buy the collection for the gamecube, and play it on his Wii, aside from playing/buying it on VC. A much better value.

BTW: That Zelda collection rocks. I would suggest it.

Gamecube version has a higher resolution then the old N64. Not sure about the VC version. If it is suppose to be a N64 copy then it's the less of the two.

Back