Opera Web browser, Question Free?

SoloSebo

WiiChat Member
Nov 15, 2006
Hi i read somewhere that Opera web browser will be free for the launch wii next generation wii will not have the opera web browser.

But in the recent videos @ gamespot and IGN i see no chanel for opera web browser straight out of the box? what gives???
anyone know anything about this? do we have to download it??

Thanks!

The servers for the Virtual Console aren't up. You will be able to downlaod the Web Browser for free until December 7th but will not be able to USE the browser until Nintendo says so. Which they haven't told us yet.

How much will it be to purchase it when you have to pay for it? What do you buy it with WiiPoints or something?

And when will the Virtual Console be up and running?

Also, that is a little ehhh about Nintendo. I always liked how they weren't so money hungry like Ps2 and Xbox. I was fine with the charging for past games because it was cheap, but charging for web browsing? Ps3 isn't even doing that..

itzzbalaez said:
How much will it be to purchase it when you have to pay for it? What do you buy it with WiiPoints or something?

And when will the Virtual Console be up and running?

Also, that is a little ehhh about Nintendo. I always liked how they weren't so money hungry like Ps2 and Xbox. I was fine with the charging for past games because it was cheap, but charging for web browsing? Ps3 isn't even doing that..

Nintendo isn't chargng for web browsing, opera is. The only people who will have to pay are the people who buy a wii in 2007

Yes, you download it from the Virtual console. As long as you get it before the end of the year, you'll be fine. If not, it's probably only going to cost $5-$10.

ABC said:
Yes, you download it from the Virtual console. As long as you get it before the end of the year, you'll be fine. If not, it's probably only going to cost $5-$10.

Not the end of this year, until June of next year.

Why Opera?

Does anybody know why Opera was chosen? Why not a free open source browser instead of a proprietary one?

Essentially Nintendo is footing the bill for the browser for the early adopters so it is costing them money.

Now I'll go back to gears of war because I don't have my Wii yet. :(

Back