Opera Wii browser discussion

timthepig

WiiChat Member
Dec 11, 2006
Want to develop a game for the Wii, why not use flash and put it on a website. Have a look at www.wiicade.com - remote works great with these flash games?

Want wireless streaming for mp3s and video? - well this is my next investigation because the wii takes ip addresses thus having your intranet!

So in theory you all need now is a flash media player(which can handle MP3s and Video) and shove it on a local web server. Point the player at the local files etc.

I'm going to look into this and post back. But I already have a intranet running with my C# .net applications, so I'm excited with this potential (being a programming)

Forgot to mention internet radio - Last fm/Pandora etc.

But I have house parties and this solution is ace - as my Wii is hooked up to my sound system.

For online stream I suggest this website: www.soundclick.com it has some good bands in there, and some great classical music too. Yeah I was trying out Wiicade, the Pingpong is nearly impossible but I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't get on Aim Express. First site I visited was my myspace page, looked awesome.

Pandora isn't working

MySpace Music Works (most times)
PureVolume.com works (as long as you dont zoom much)
WiiCade works well for the most part.

Alot of Problems like I acpected, but thats why its a trial. The one we end up paying for should be fine.

Well - I've made my own MP3 Streaming web application on my intranet. Though it needs refining.

Basically you create playlists on the fly choosing from a listbox, then play the mp3.

However, I m moving on to more functionality with filtering, many playlists, playlist queing etc. Though I use some other developers MP3 Player. I need to make it more customizable and skinnable which will happen when make more time. If anyone is interested let me know here, its programmed in asp.net/C#.

ahhh not really it's not working to well with this new browser capability...sorry man...if you don't believe me just look on my post on channels...I made a review on the internet channel and weather.....thanks

I am also a programmer so I know really what goes on behind the works....

ScottieD said:
ahhh not really it's not working to well with this new browser capability...sorry man...if you don't believe me just look on my post on channels...I made a review on the internet channel and weather.....thanks

I am also a programmer so I know really what goes on behind the works....
Did you reply on the wrong thread - as your reply seems out of context?

You guys should try Orb.com! I haven't got it to work properly, but I read that it works. I'm going to give 2.0 another go and if it doesn't work I'll try 1.0.

Thanks so much for that link, I'll check it out. The more pluggable the software - the better for me!

Opera tips

(btw, im typing this on my wii :D)

some tips on the wii:
-there are 2 zoom modes. to use the first mode, press + on the webpage. the second mode is done by pressing + on the bar on the bottom or on the sides that are black. the 2nd mode is the closer zoom.
-1 takes you to your favorites
-2 switches between viewing modes.
-opera wii includes chinese and japanese fonts so you can view chinese sites for example, http://www.singpao.com .

-you can view videos on sites like youtube
-you can view email like gmail
-and much more!

Tested Orb 2.0.

Single play of an Audio file works, however Playlists do not work.
Online videos don't seem to work - but the audio of the video does.
Photos don't expand into their full resolution and stay us a tiny thumbnail.

Looks like I'll crack on with my adventure - as I know it works! - it just needs more functionality.

Back