Opinions/advice on good multiplayer etiquette

pdxMike

a.k.a. SittingDuck
Sep 10, 2012
Portland, OR
Wii Online Code
6353-8215-2245-6499
Been playing for about 3 months now and new to this forum. Not sure if I'm guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct or using methods that are common to the best players. Thanks to playing often and getting on at least 6 games hosted by hackers (65000 XP per kill) I've arrived at level 56 probably sooner than I deserve. So I would appreciate feedback on what separates good, upstanding, respectable players from the rest.

- SittingDuck

I personally respect high level players who use low level guns (Sig9, Stauger, et al) and who don't use Masterton or proxies. Oh, and no hacking. Goin sniper only on small maps like Archives or Sewers is pretty fun too.

No spawnkilling (guilty of that sometimes)
No noobtubing (done that only once)
No Proxytonning on every map
No Farming after reaching lvl 56
No hostquitting
No hacking
No constant friendkilling on License to Kill
No Glitch-using

Please explain:

noobtubing
proxytonning
farming
constant friendkilling
glitch-using

Thanks!

Noobtubing = using the Grenade launcher
Proxytonning = Using Masterton + Proxies
Farming = Going for kills in objective modes like Black Box or Goldeneye.
Constant Friendkilling = Killing teamates in TLTK
Glitch using = Using the glitches in this game.

1 noobtubing: overly using the preset loadout with a grenade launcher attachment

2 proxytonning: spamming the automatic shotgun and proximity mines

3 farming: playing an objective based game just for kills

4 friend killing: killing teammates on team license to kill

5 glitch using: using glitches in the game

Noobtubing
So no using the grenade launcher? Man I was having fun using that thing at the station a couple of days ago. My kill rate was about 50% and with only two grenades why is it looked down on?

Proxytonning
Do you mean using Masterson + Proxies in regular play or when someone has hacked the game giving you unlimited rounds and proxies? Could someone explain further? I use the Masterson + Proxies in archives - bad form?

And I think we're all unanimous regarding hosts that quit during a game. Don't host a game if you can't commit to 10-15 minutes of time - really!! Take the little XP you get and suck it up if you suck every once in a while.

Don't host a game if you can't commit to 10-15 minutes of time - really!! Take the little XP you get and suck it up if you suck every once in a while.

That's really ironic coming from you.

As for toobing, some of the time it's a cheap way to get a kill, especially if it is your main means of getting kills, but that doesn't mean you can't use it.

Overly relying on the masterton and proxies in every map gets old real fast.

Last edited:
That's really ironic coming from you.

Not sure I understand. Can't remember ever quitting a game while hosting (aside from the game freezing) and definitely remember sucking (very low xp) plenty of times when I've hosted games to the end.

If I know I'm going to be called away I just join a game already in progress and bail when I need to.

You boosted all the way to level 56 and you're telling people to take what little exp they get. It takes a long time to get to level 56, if I remember right lv 45 is about half the exp needed to reach 56. Good, upstanding and respectable players usually earn their way to level 56 instead of relying on hackers to boost them.

Just cuz he's boosted doesn't mean he's not respectable. Good, upstanding players usually don't imply others aren't respectable.
But zanapher i can understand where you're coming from on this. I was tempted to the point of actually downloading the cheats and almost using them.

Well, my bad in assuming you weren't respectable, but I think you should try to play on an alternate account to see how long it takes to actually get to lv 56. With all the host quits, hackers, freezing and disconnections, it takes people a long time to reach 56.

You're absolutely right and this is exactly why I started this thread. I was playing so much that it was inevitable that I would get into hacked matches. Was so tired of getting my butt kicked by higher rated players that I couldn't resist getting better weapons. Anyway, I am going to retire SittingDuck and start a new profile at level 1 and will not to play in hacked games. Time to pick a new name...

Back