OPINIONS OF THE Wii'S online features

saintjo said:
In my opinion, online was a key part of their strategy, but not a priority in their development. Nintendo felt they just had to give the illusion or hope of online capability at launch.

Friend Codes: Pain, but keeps unwanted people getting on your lists.

Online Multiplayer: None so far. Only 2 games at this point I know even planned are some Pokemon game and Mario Strikers. Neither of these I would buy. I realize people say give them some time, but this is sad. They didnt even make the SDK available to 3rd party software companies until after the 11/19 release.

Forcast Channel: Very cool idea, but had to wait a month though for a very simple application. Cool, but I never use it.

New Channel: Still not implemented. Again, this should not be a hard application to make.

Internet Channel: Cool I can surf on my tv, but I rarely do it. Its too hard to read the words even on my 50 inch.

Update-able firmware: Great feature and the only one used to its potential so far.

The online throws so much more potential out there, but Nintendo seems to be dragging their feet on implementing it.

I guess you miss that fact that Battalion Wars and AC are going to be online plus many others.

All you are doing is complaing (all of you) Ninty has gave us a kick ass sytem, it was only fully launced like over a month ago, give them a chance fking hell.

News channel is out on Sat.

the friend code thing is important. it filters out riff-raff and ensures that only two people who are aware of one another are able to communicate. but thats just my opinion though.

eclipticrider said:
or do you mean the lack there of... lemme see, you can browse the web but can't use keyboard and mouse... download updates of which there are no new ones now, and buy and download classic nintendo games which i think is the best online feature yet but there is a lack of games to download at the moment...

overall the online function needs... more...

just my opinion though... :)

Gaming will be out in march, probly with a Mic and other things. Give it time.

Silent-Sniper said:
going to be online
exactly, going to be online. and that is where they messed up in my opinion.

i 100% agree the wii is the best console i have ever owned, i highly recommend it to all my friends. but my opinion is nintendo messed up on their implementation of online stuff. doesnt mean, i hate nintendo. doesnt mean i hate the wii. doesnt mean i dont go home and play zelda and have a great time.

in 3-6 months, this wont be any issue. and it obviously isnt hurting sales. but it could have been handled "better"

What about Mario Kart DS? They had that random race match up... it just grapped random people from around the world and you started racing!

just my opinion, but i think they'll have some good online stuff. If nintendo wasn't planning on having a good online system, don't you think they would've just thrown together some crap and released it with the system? They're obviously working on getting it right before releasing it.

I can deal with random match up for online game play, currently im working on building a good strong friends list so when online games are out ill have people to play with, and against. :)

Back