Opinions on this advertisement?

LevesqueIsKing said:
I personally don't think that having reality slap you in the face a few years early is going to traumatize anyone.
A 7 year old named Ares disagrees D:

Awwhhh, I like that name.
sad.png

Last edited:
There's only one word I can say to this very graphical movie that shouldn't be aired on tv at those times as they can cause very big injuries in childrens minds for a pretty long time:

Auch.

Tomatktchp said:
There's only one word I can say to this very graphical movie that shouldn't be aired on tv at those times as they can cause very big injuries in childrens minds for a pretty long time:

Auch.

Auch (pronounced /ɔʃ/ in French) (Gascon Occitan: Aush, pronounced /awʃ/) is a town and commune in southwestern France. Located inside the région Midi-Pyrénées, it is the préfecture (capital) of the Gers département. Auch is the historical capital of Gascony. At the 1999 census there were 24,725 inhabitants in the urban area of Auch.

Hmmm...

the ad is only aired in prime time or later. or otherwise they use the ad i posted. or sometimes even that warehouse one.

@Brawny

people get injured in workplaces all the time. the WSIB wants to just inform people, in a wierd way, to be careful.

Last edited:
Brawny said:
Awwhhh, I like that name.
sad.png
I named him ^_^

Singhson said:
What did you/how did you explain to the 7 yr old what happened?
There is no ambiguity about what happens. He's a very mature 7 year old, he put the 2 and 2 together immediately and was horrified. We didn't have to explain anything regarding what happened. I explained that the lady was okay, because it was just a commercial, and her injuries were "makeup". Didn't help.

Last edited:
thas said:
the ad is only aired in prime time or later. or otherwise they use the ad i posted. or sometimes even that warehouse one.

@Brawny

people get injured in workplaces all the time. the WSIB wants to just inform people, in a wierd way, to be careful.

Common sense doesn't do that? Pfff, dumb Canadians.

[DT] said:
The trauma departments here are full of equally dumb Americans - stupidity is a global phenomenon :lol:

Yes, but I don't see any workman's comp. TV ads. >_<

If I was the producer, I would have gone for sex appeal, myself.

Brawny said:
Yes, but I don't see any workman's comp. TV ads. >_<

Maybe we need some - those lame W/Comp posters that get covered by company picnic posters [*if* they even get hung up] don't seem to be doing any good. :lol:

Though it keeps my clients in "business".

Celeste said:
There is no ambiguity about what happens. He's a very mature 7 year old, he put the 2 and 2 together immediately and was horrified. We didn't have to explain anything regarding what happened. I explained that the lady was okay, because it was just a commercial, and her injuries were "makeup". Didn't help.

Well. I guess that even though he knows it's fake he could still see that face. In his mind. :/

Peripheral Topic:

People bringing small children into R (or even PG13) rated movies? Especially horror or action w/ violence/sex?

WTF.

Some crew had two kids in 28 Weeks Later - I almost kicked the dude in the teeth. They left after ~20 minutes thankfully.

I went too thirty days of night with my dad. But I don't get scared very easily.

( Except for things that pop up, like in that advertisement. )

[DT] said:
Peripheral Topic:

People bringing small children into R (or even PG13) rated movies? Especially horror or action w/ violence/sex?

WTF.

Some crew had two kids in 28 Weeks Later - I almost kicked the dude in the teeth. They left after ~20 minutes thankfully.

You should have. Has that crew ever heard of the interwebz?

Fire Flower said:
I went too thirty days of night with my dad. But I don't get scared very easily.

( Except for things that pop up, like in that advertisement. )

You should have. Has that crew ever heard of the interwebz?

I see you're ~16/17, that seems more than reasonable (terrific movie BTW! I have the graphic novel around here somewhere, beautiful piece of work).

I understand the logistics of a sitter, but bringing the kids - and these were wee-folk, like < 8/yrs - isn't an option. Sitter or wait for the video release.

Well the kick-in-the-teeth was just to express my disdain (and wouldn't have helped anyway), but it seemed tantamount to child abuse.

Back