Order of Zelda

:) ;) :cornut: :p :ihih: :lol: :wink: :yesnod:
Is Wind Waker a advanced version or something. Does it have advances bombes or something. They should make one after Wind Waker with guns and link should get the master gun.:lol:

Ok, that was just console games, ive found this official list:

The Legend of Zelda (1987)
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (1988)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (1992)
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (1993)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (2000)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (both 2001)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (2002)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (2004)
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (2005)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (2006)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (2007?)

Redan499 said:
Ok, that was just console games, ive found this official list:

The Legend of Zelda (1987)
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (1988)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (1992)
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (1993)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (2000)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (both 2001)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (2002)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (2004)
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (2005)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (2006)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (2007?)

i think he was asking were does TP fall in the Zelda timeline theory. but thanks for posting all the games forgot about some of them.

but TP from what i heard sits in between MM and WW

Twilight princess is said to lie generations after the link in OoT. Windwaker is supposed to be a thousand or so years after OoT i think.

Sorry, my bad. Here's where I've read it falls.

"The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was released on November 19, 2006. Members of the development team have stated that it takes place decades after Ocarina of Time, and prior to The Wind Waker."

In the list above I think you forgot to add the 3 games that came out on the Phillips CDI system. Not that they were worth mentioning I just thought I'd bring it up just for the uninformed. Here's the titles:

Link: The Faces of Evil
Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon
Zelda's Adventure

They were all pretty bad from what I understand.

I have seen a Zelda timeline somewhere on the net and these games were not mentioned. I read that the Oracle series marked the end (or latest point) of the storyline, and that each of the Oracle games ended the story in two parallel universes. That's just a theory of course, but it kind of makes sense when you look at the timeline. Here is a video timeline that discusses that theory. Further reading suggests that Twilight Princess takes place in between Ocarina and Wind Waker.

The truth is, nobody really knows the true timeline except maybe Miyamoto.

Last edited:
For those of you who either don't have the time, or the technology to access the video referred to here is the basic gist of their theory:

The first game in the timeline is Minish Cap (GBA), which tells the story of the creation of the picory sword (4sword) and the backstory of King Gustav, and the green garments.

The Second game in the timeline is OoT (N64) which recounts the story of the hero of time and the first appearance of Gannondorf. At the end of OoT we end up with two different Hyrules in different timelines (confirmed by nintendo). In one timeline (Hyrule A) we have young link and young Zelda who foil the plans of Gannondorf by alerting the King of Hyrule to his plans, and in the second (Hyrule B) we find Gannon sealed away by princess Zelda and Link dissapears (because he's sent back to hyrule A).

Now we have two different timelines to follow:

Hyrule A
Hyrule A continues with Majora's Mask (N64) in which Link leaves to travel to Termina in search of Navi, after saving Termina he is shipwrecked on the way back to Hyrule which leads to Links Awakening (GB), this adventure turns out to be a dream in the end and Link eventually makes his way back to Hyrule.

When Link returns he finds that Gannon has escaped form captivity and waged war on Hyrule and Link must reaquire all ofd his equipment, stop Gannon and rescue Zelda. This is the original Legend of Zelda (NES).

According to the instruction booklet of Zelda II (NES) it occurs several seasons after the original so it comes next and becomes the last game in this timeline to feature the same Link and Zelda characters that are introduced in OoT.

Years later in the same timeline we have the 4 Sword adventures (GBA/GCN), where Gannon returns and aquires the Trident of Power and then we move across generations again to a new Link and a new Zelda in A Link to the Past (SNES).

Hyrule B
Meanwhile over in Hyrule B we know that Link suddenly dissapeard and the Hero of time vanished into legend (we get that story at the beginning of Wind Waker) Sometime after OoT Gannon escaped his prison and waged war again on Hyrule. the people waited for the return of the Hero of Time but he never came and in the end the world was flooded and we arrive in the world of Wind Waker (GCN).

Now I am only half-way through TP so I haven't finished the storyline yet (and am desperately trying to avoid spoilers) but the word on the street is that it happens in Hyrule B between OoT and Wind Waker, and I know that Phantom Hourglass (DS) that's due out next year is a direct sequel to Wind Waker with the same young Link. That only leaves the two Oracle games to fit into the timelines.

The Video supposes that they both happen at the exact same time in different Hyrules and both at the respective end of the timelines, with the whole world being "reset" as it were.

So that's the basic premise behind the split timeline theory as to where everything fits. Much of this is speculation. What can be confirmed though is the following.

1. Before the Minish Cap was produced, OoT was confirmed as the First game in the timeline.
  2. Zelda II is a direct sequel to Zelda I
  3. Two different Hyrules were created at the end of OoT (confirmed by Miyamoto at the announcemnet of Wind Waker)
  4. Wind waker is part of Hyrule B
  5. Phantom Hourglass is a direct Sequel to Wind Waker
  6. Majora's Mask is a direct sequel to OoT

All of this does allow for different variations on the timeline, but the one presented in the video from Gametrailers does seem to make a lot of sense to me.

I hope that was helpful.

Darn it, now i HAVE to beat Twilight Princess so i can watch the ending. Looks like another Zelda-packed weekend for me.

Hyrule B
Meanwhile over in Hyrule B we know that Link suddenly dissapeard and the Hero of time vanished into legend (we get that story at the beginning of Wind Waker) Sometime after OoT Gannon escaped his prison and waged war again on Hyrule. the people waited for the return of the Hero of Time but he never came and in the end the world was flooded and we arrive in the world of Wind Waker (GCN).

Now I am only half-way through TP so I haven't finished the storyline yet (and am desperately trying to avoid spoilers) but the word on the street is that it happens in Hyrule B between OoT and Wind Waker, and I know that Phantom Hourglass (DS) that's due out next year is a direct sequel to Wind Waker with the same young Link. That only leaves the two Oracle games to fit into the timelines.

The Video supposes that they both happen at the exact same time in different Hyrules and both at the respective end of the timelines, with the whole world being "reset" as it were.

So that's the basic premise behind the split timeline theory as to where everything fits. Much of this is speculation. What can be confirmed though is the following.

1. Before the Minish Cap was produced, OoT was confirmed as the First game in the timeline.
2. Zelda II is a direct sequel to Zelda I
3. Two different Hyrules were created at the end of OoT (confirmed by Miyamoto at the announcemnet of Wind Waker)
4. Wind waker is part of Hyrule B
5. Phantom Hourglass is a direct Sequel to Wind Waker
6. Majora's Mask is a direct sequel to OoT

All of this does allow for different variations on the timeline, but the one presented in the video from Gametrailers does seem to make a lot of sense to me.

I hope that was helpful.

Twilight Princess falls between Ocarina of time and Wind Waker, it happens 100 years after Oot and Decades before Wind Waker. They will make a Sequel to Twilight Princess and that game we all should see the flooding of Hyrule. Which i think will probably be a sad mood ending :( . The Oracles falls in the Child Timeline(Hyrule A)

Manny21 said:
Twilight Princess falls between Ocarina of time and Wind Waker, it happens 100 years after Oot and Decades before Wind Waker. They will make a Sequel to Twilight Princess and that game we all should see the flooding of Hyrule. Which i think will probably be a sad mood ending :( . The Oracles falls in the Child Timeline(Hyrule A)

But how could they make a game that doesnt have link in it? The whole reason it flooded was because the people of hyrule wanted to get rid of the evil and no hero showed up.

Capt Elmer said:
But how could they make a game that doesnt have link in it? The whole reason it flooded was because the people of hyrule wanted to get rid of the evil and no hero showed up.

Yes i know what you mean it says that in TWW, but miyamonto said TP takes place 100 years after OoT and before TWW. But they will make a sequel to TP especially what ganon said in the end, and that he didnt really die.

go to gt.com and click on the video about zelda and there is a cool one that tells you everything you want to know

Back