Other Games Not Using the Wiimote?

tank

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Nov 26, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I think that same game developers should look at SSBB and realize that not EVERY game needs to use the Wiimote.

I know it's the main feature of the console and all, but there are some games that would be better off using the classic controller or even the old gamecube controller (which I really think was one of the best designed controllers, ever).

The new Mortal Kombat game for example, I don't see how they would use the Wiimote for it and still make it enjoyable. I guess most of the examples I could think of would be fighting games. But I'm sure that there are others.

Dragon Ball Z plays like a charm with the Wiimote..and what are you talking about? SSBB will use the Wiimote too, jeez..and you wanna know how they'll make Mortal Kombat enjoyable? instead of pushing buttons to punch, you are going to be able to actually "punch" with the Wiimote and Nunchuck, how's that for enjoyable? and making uppercuts, long-range attacks like Scorpion's...just watch the videos: http://media.wii.ign.com/media/845/845775/vids_1.html

Last edited:
hiimnew. lol.
and jesus does that look sweet
spring's gunna be an exictin time for teh wii.

Give developers time. Everything will pan out much like it did on the DS. First generation DS software used the stylus in horrible ways. Nearly every developer thought that the touch screen had to be used as much as possible.

Sooner or later, Wii developers will realize that the Wii controller doesn't need to be the focus of every game.

Wrong it's perfect for every game in theory it has 50 controls about 10 are buttons and 40 are motions games that use the classic controller suck especially MK or Brawl if they didn't they would be just like the previous ones. I think from the games I've played they use the perfect amount of buttons and motions and the Gamecube layout kinda sucked it's got weird handles and the buttons are oddly shaped and small.

Oh it sucked? and I bet the Xbox one was perfect? that big old thing which one couldn't even grab, oh and the ps2's was the best I bet huh? because it's the same old boring stupid design as ever..what nerve, you obviously don't know what creativity and confortness is all about

I hate Xbox PS2 wasn't bad but there was something about GC that I hated like R and L

CameronBanga said:
Give developers time. Everything will pan out much like it did on the DS. First generation DS software used the stylus in horrible ways. Nearly every developer thought that the touch screen had to be used as much as possible.

Sooner or later, Wii developers will realize that the Wii controller doesn't need to be the focus of every game.

Good point. I see nothing wrong with using the Wiimote as much as possible, I think it's a great piece of hardware that really expands gameplay possibilities. But I'm a big fan of old school fighting games. The video of MK:A looks sweet, but something inside me just wants to button mash when I'm playing fighting games......It's half the fun!:lol:

DBZ: BT2 is freaking awesome with the Wiimote and I haven't played any other game since I got it. I can't wait to see how multiplayer is (nothing more fun than stomping your bro.. in any game).

hey I'm 20 and my bro is 15 and I always used to beat him in every game right? but now he's kinda surpassing me lol, I say it's the games that are becoming easy for next generations and less suitable for us hardcore gamers

I'm 19 and my bro is 11, and I tell him that games are way easier than they used to be. He found this out trying to play Mario Brothers. ;)

He is getting better than me in Wii Bowling, which is sort of embarassing. D: I need to practice.

my brother is two years older than me, but we started gaming at the same time, when we got the N64 for Christmas. I can beat him down in Super Smash Bros Melee and Brawl (He's only Captain Falcon, who sucks) and He couldn't survive a Zelda fight to save his life. He is just liikes Madden, which in my opinion, takes no real skill and is retarted. It is always fun to beat down your brother. Games arn't nessicarily harder than they used to be, Some games are, some games aren't.

Yes I agree with you...Hey were you that kid who went crazy when he got the N64 on Christmas? now you were crazy man! shoting and holding the box up as if it was some kinda trophy! lol

Nfanboy said:
my brother is two years older than me, but we started gaming at the same time, when we got the N64 for Christmas. I can beat him down in Super Smash Bros Melee and Brawl (He's only Captain Falcon, who sucks) and He couldn't survive a Zelda fight to save his life. He is just liikes Madden, which in my opinion, takes no real skill and is retarted. It is always fun to beat down your brother. Games arn't nessicarily harder than they used to be, Some games are, some games aren't.

One, I assume you are talking about SSB64 and SSBM, not brawl that is the wii title. Secondly, Captain Falcon does not suck! he is one of the higher tier characters that a lot of tournment players use. While Zelda is a bottom tier character... and if you meant link, still link is a lower tier character as well.

check this out if you aren't sure what im talking about: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81928

Granted, I don't like playing with captain falco because i'm not that good with with him... probably the same case as your brother. If I'm just playing for fun with my girlfriend (ssb is our fav game) i'm usually dr. mario as I find him the most fun. If i'm playing some hardcore ssb players I go with Fox.

--

I really hope SSBB is gamecube controller compatable, it's simply the best control scheme. They've already said that SSBB is going to use the wiimote motion capabilities, so while it is possible I doubt they will use the wiimote at all.

1. ssbb will NOT use wiimote much at all if any. (unless they changed)

2. fighting games(and most others) are perfect for wiimote.

Back