OTT Racing Game Jimmie Johnson’s Anything with an Engine Announced for Wii

Wii News

Wii News Blog
Oct 10, 2009

A new, OTT racing game featuring NASCAR superstar Jimmie Johnson was launched today by Autumn Games and Isopod Labs. The game will enable players to race in vehicles created from the most unlikely of everyday objects, such as dumpsters and lawnmowers, living up to Jimmie’s “Anything with an engine!” motto. Drivers will get to engage in elimination-style circuits across progressively challenging tracks, complete with pyrotechnics-laden theatrical sets strewn with wicked hazards, traps and jumps.

“There’s no denying that video games are certainly one of the most popular forms of entertainment,” said Jimmie Johnson, who is embarking on his first foray into game development. “There are certainly a lot of entertaining racing games, but I’ve always felt there was something missing. I wanted to capture that kind of ‘anything goes’ element in racing and make a unique game that appeals to everyone. The teams at Autumn Games and Isopod Laps are incredibly talented, which gives us the opportunity to develop what I hope is a truly ground-breaking series.”

The only release date that we have for the game so far is 2011.

Back