'Out of Memory' when viewing Flash videos

pjeff18

New member, old gamer
Apr 19, 2007
Midlands, UK
Hello, I am new here, well a new poster anyway have been viewing these forums since December....

I recently downloaded the latest version of Opera for the Wii, all in all I am pleased with the improvements. Finetune runs well as do most web pages.

Anyway here is my question:
When browsing a video site (beginning with A and ending with.org) I was watching a half hour episode of Mr Bean when after about 20 mins of the half hour episode I had a 'out of memory message' I had to reload and thus had to start the video all over again.

I understand this is a common problem, is there any way to prevent this? Is the video being stored on the 512mb of flash memory and if I delete some data from this would it play the full duration of the video (i.e another 7mins)?

Shorter videos are fine, but I would really like to watch vids of about 30 mons. For your information the video was 299mb. No problems with streaming so my connection is good.

Thanks in advance.

it means you dont have enough RAM, not much you can do about it, unless there is a lower res version available to stream....(which would need less RAM)

Thank you for the responses

Do you know whether it makes a difference whether the video has been clicked to 'Full Size' rather than in the window?

Back