out of place pixels

RAHU

WiiChat Member
Sep 30, 2007
so i recently got Metroid prime 3 and wile playing it during the ships landing sequence i noticed some odd out of place pixels at the bottom of the screen, i thought it was just a programming mistake or sumting, untill i bought resident evil 4 yester day and i noticed the same thing, but more frequent. I thought it might be my tv so i tried my wii on a different one and that didnt help, and i checked the conection from the wii to my tv and that didnt help so now i need help cause those pixels are really anoying wile im trying to shoot people in the head.

It looks like you might have some dead pixels. Do you live it on Standby mode alot? has the Wii got good ventilation space?

it has good venatalation and its either on or on standby mode. should i take it off standby for a wile?

Yeah, it looks like the processor may have over heated as a result of the continuous Standby mode. Allow the console to cool by completely turning it off for a while.
As a side note, welcome to WiiChat.

As long as there is proper ventilation, having the system on Standby should not harm it. However, if you GPU is borderline defective, then the extra heat may cause it have problems like that. But cooling the system down will not be a permanent fix.

so.. should i take it into a shop to get it repaired?

call nintendo up and tell then your problem and you will have to send it in.

Back