Over 2 Million Sold

Wii_Rulez

Waluigi The Great
Jun 12, 2006
SC
Wii Online Code
3498-5538-0554-5440
Nintendo announced today that over 2 million Nintendo’s Wii have already been sold to around the globe.
The Nintendo Wii’s Sold around the globe are as follows:
630,000 consoles in Japan
960,000 consoles in Americas
410,000 consoles in Others

Despite what the nexgenwars thing says
Source

Thats really wierd, i just finished reading a few days ago that Nintendo stopped saying that they were going to sell 1 million by new years because they felt they were going to fall short. I think it was on ign.

Blips said:
Thats really wierd, i just finished reading a few days ago that Nintendo stopped saying that they were going to sell 1 million by new years because they felt they were going to fall short. I think it was on ign.

They intended on selling 4 million.

MetroidZ said:
they predicted 1 million to be sold (a safe estimation). but now we know 2 million units have been sold.
1 million in the Americas by early December , it's almost mid so they're close. They did want 4 million worldwide by the end of the year though

But who can bet 100,000 of those found their way to eBay? :p

Despite what that site says, there hasn't actually been any official announcement from Nintendo regarding 2 million consoles. Those figures are from VG Charts and they're only estimates. GamerGauge and NexGenWars.com still only put their figures below 2 million. However, gamergauge and vg charts do tend to be a lot more accurate than nexgenwars.

Back