overheat

stu

wii owner
May 26, 2006
London,UK
Wii Online Code
4982-9370-5014-0207
on my wii console the left hand side of it is getting warm but everywhere else is nice and cool

is this a problem?

Define warm, just over cool? Lukewarm? Very warm? Hot? Perhaps this is where the graphics card is, I know a certain part of my laptop gets hot while the rest stays quite cool because thats where the graphics card is in it. I know mine gets just over cool.

stu said:
on my wii console the left hand side of it is getting warm but everywhere else is nice and cool

is this a problem?
I think you are just overly paranoid.

You have made a few paranoia threads already.

Yes it gets quite hot, even while on standby mode. I think you should either
A: ALWAYS take the game disc out when you're not playing, as it gets very hot as well (even when off!) or...
B: Change the standby setting so the machine is actually OFF 'OFF' when you turn it off (red light instead of orange), this makes the system nice and cool/room temp. Having it inform me of new Wii messages occasionally is not worth the constant high-temp when its just sitting there supposedly 'off'.

Transfixed said:
Yes it gets quite hot, even while on standby mode. I think you should either
A: ALWAYS take the game disc out when you're not playing, as it gets very hot as well (even when off!) or...
B: Change the standby setting so the machine is actually OFF 'OFF' when you turn it off (red light instead of orange), this makes the system nice and cool/room temp. Having it inform me of new Wii messages occasionally is not worth the constant high-temp when its just sitting there supposedly 'off'.

It also downloads updates and such while in standby mode so you don't have to bother. I am sure Nintendo designed the console with all of this in mind so it heating up a bit doesn't really bother me.

Back