Overheating

crazydog1

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2006
Has anyones wii overheated?? I'm worried that my wii might over heat becuae it is sitting on the stand which is on carpet so i think it blows the air intake. Anyone have any problems with overheating??

the wii in desgined to take in as less electricity as it can. (I.E connect24)

dont worry about it, it should be fine.

crazydog1 said:
Has anyones wii overheated?? I'm worried that my wii might over heat becuae it is sitting on the stand which is on carpet so i think it blows the air intake. Anyone have any problems with overheating??

Yeah, quit worrying. It's not overheating. It's going to get warm, that's normal!

unless your laying it down wierdly, like... so the diske holder is like, facing in the air... You should be fine.

crazydog1 said:

dont think the carpets a good place :(

If your worried you can always drop 20 bucks down for a Chill Station for the Wii, it consists of a light up base thats usb run, (doesnt take up a usb slot as the usb on it has another usbslot for you to use) it lights up the same color as the wii and it has a built in fan at the bottom of the base that keeps your wii cooler, at least imo. It claims to increase the wii's lifespan. It also comes with 2 holders that latch ontot he sides of the base and prevents knocking over and you can store your remotes in them.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Wii-...64891/catOid/-16761/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Flunk You2 said:
dont think the carpets a good place :(

Depending on what type of carpet it is, that's not gonna hurt anything, as long as you have some ariflow. Use the base and there shouldn't be a problem.

I know they have the cool station, but to me it just seems like a waste...Ya it may increase life...but how long do you expect this system to work for anyways...do you really believe 30 years from now even with the cooling station for the wii to work...

Eh i just expect it to still work whenever i want it to. Like my ps2, if i want it to work even though i bought it when it came out, it still works till now without any problems whatsoever. Thats how long i expect it to live for.

DarkenSpirit said:
Eh i just expect it to still work whenever i want it to. Like my ps2, if i want it to work even though i bought it when it came out, it still works till now without any problems whatsoever. Thats how long i expect it to live for.

Yeah I bought a used ps2 and its still running good even though I have not played it much this year.

iplaywii said:
Depending on what type of carpet it is, that's not gonna hurt anything, as long as you have some ariflow. Use the base and there shouldn't be a problem.

it may not be a good idea for carpet. Too much lent for the system fans.

Would cleaning a fan with compressed are be a safe way to take dust off?

Back