Overheating

You can go to Wallmart and buy one of those meltal rack things (about 2 feet wide and 1 foot tall) for around 2 bucks. Then your Wii is suspended in air for maximum air flow. I am able to put my Xbox, PS2, and Wii on it. The Xbox is ontop of the PS2 and the Wii is sitting next to them.

Fools

You guys are all fools the wii does over heat but not when your playing it overheats when its in stand by mode. It uses almoast exactly the same power in stand by mode as it does when its on the only difference is that when in stand by mode the fans arent on. So the wii overheats. Most of the heat comes form the network card from being on wifi 24, 7. The damage does not total the system(like the xbox 360) but it damages the video card, it is a known fact and nintendo has admitted to it. I know its a fact because it happened to me, and a ton of my friends. If you dont believe me go here and see pictures and another explanation:

http://wiinis.com/Wii_Overheat.htm?ee231f20

The more power the game takes the worse those things are (referring to stuff from link) It friggan sucks but if this happened to you nintendo will replace your wii for you, and untill you send it in you can play gamecube games or zelda twilight princess because it dosnt seem to show up with them.

Now thet you have been warned go buy a cooling stand or stop leaving your wii on wiiconnect24. Trust me it totally sucks and it takes a while for them to get you a new one.

.@>
/()\
^^

kissmyshinnymettalass said:
You guys are all fools the wii does over heat but not when your playing it overheats when its in stand by mode. It uses almoast exactly the same power in stand by mode as it does when its on the only difference is that when in stand by mode the fans arent on. So the wii overheats. Most of the heat comes form the network card from being on wifi 24, 7. The damage does not total the system(like the xbox 360) but it damages the video card, it is a known fact and nintendo has admitted to it. I know its a fact because it happened to me, and a ton of my friends. If you dont believe me go here and see pictures and another explanation:

The more power the game takes the worse those things are (referring to stuff from link) It friggan sucks but if this happened to you nintendo will replace your wii for you, and untill you send it in you can play gamecube games or zelda twilight princess because it dosnt seem to show up with them.

Now thet you have been warned go buy a cooling stand or stop leaving your wii on wiiconnect24. Trust me it totally sucks and it takes a while for them to get you a new one.

.@>
/()\
^^

Uhm, network cards typically don't generate much (well, ****, ANY) heat. At least, my wireless one doesn't, and none of the non-wireless ones we've had in the past did. It's ice cold the majority of the time.

You sure you didn't just stuff it in a corner with the fan sucking in heat from a heat register or something?

If that was the case, I honestly don't think Nintendo should go out of their way and replace your Wii -- you put plastic by a fire, it melts. Live and learn.

Again: network cards arn't fire breathing beasts that increase the temperature of your Wii 10 degrees just by being on.

Edit: Why not show some more useful information, like where the Wii was, and what the temperature of the entire room was?

.@>
/()\
^^
Man, That totally suck. I hope that that doesn't happen to mine.

MaXiMiUS said:
Uhm, network cards typically don't generate much (well, ****, ANY) heat. At least, my wireless one doesn't, and none of the non-wireless ones we've had in the past did. It's ice cold the majority of the time.

You sure you didn't just stuff it in a corner with the fan sucking in heat from a heat register or something?

If that was the case, I honestly don't think Nintendo should go out of their way and replace your Wii -- you put plastic by a fire, it melts. Live and learn.

Again: network cards arn't fire breathing beasts that increase the temperature of your Wii 10 degrees just by being on.

Edit: Why not show some more useful information, like where the Wii was, and what the temperature of the entire room was?

Im not exactly sure what creates the heat but something does and its a fact o only heard that it was a network card. And the general temperature if the room is about 65-68 degrees and it was out in the open where it could get plenty of air

tsowaiman said:
wii is using external power supply. Therefore, it should not be overheated.

yeah, but look at problems with 360s overheating. They use external power supplies too.

dude....

.@>
/()\
^^

okay, i know this is REALLY old but... your an idiot... my god... wireless doesn't overheat!? really!? see... i was researching an issue for a friend and came to this post... i was appaled by how ignorant you sounded. what kind of signal does wireless produce?! RF signal... okay now... idk what kind of moron has never heard of an RF burn but the transmit power can cause the RF transmitter to overheat... wireless power is refured to in what type of mesurment!? mWatts... so, that must mean that some type of "power" is going through the antenna... YOU FAIL

hey like you said this thread is dead & you bumb it just to flame a guy WTF cool your jets its not there gonna see it

Back