Overlooking these games is a crime to Wii.

T3kNi9e said:
Im still getting both SSBB and Mario Kart but I think ill still like my 360/PS3 games better simply because im older than the average Wii gamer and I like violent games.
Actually the Wii gamers average age is allegedly older than 360/PS3 owners, with Nintendo quoting it being 29 years old. I would guess the Wii base being made up of mainly over 30's and then the under 16's second, but even then a lot of their parents may end up playing it.

Games that out already that are criminally overlooked are Zack & Wiki and MP3. Both should have had much better sales.

Any game that comes out in March has the chance of being overlooked because there are so many to choose from. Bully, MLB 2K8, Brothers In Arms, Ninja Reflex, Indoor Sports, Worms, Baroque, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, Sega Superstars Tennis, House of Dead 2&3, Okami, Opoona. All of them are up against SSBB that month so unless they reschedule some have to be left out.

^ Of that list of games I think Okami and Baroque will probably be the most overlooked, but then again, I don't know too much about the others. I don't think the others would have much better sales if they come out in April instead of March. Still though, if I were in charge of release dates I wouldn't release anything within a month after SSBB.

Last edited:
Supposedly if Okami sells better on the Wii then on PS2, Capcom will look into making the second Okami on the Wii. So, we better hope Okami's sales are through the roof. (I know I'll be getting it)

I'll probably get Okami when the price drops. I'm not too keen on spending $50 for games these days.

I just think the mass of wii owners don't purchase alot of games. It could also be blamed on capcom for doing little to no advertising for Zack and Wiki. I know that when the price dropped to $30 a lot of people who had heard of the game were interested.

Not much hype about endless ocean but its a really nice game and not to shabby graphics either for the wii(and you can play your own rockin tunes)

Id just like to say sremick is hilarious in this entire thread lmao :lol: :lol: :cool:

But i think what hes saying is right i havent seen any clips nor played the older verison on the GCube (thinks there was one on the GCube) Id rather have Mario Kart and will deffinatly be purchasing Mario Kart over SSB

Just to point out (hopefully it'll end with me) that if every thread is flooded w/ SSBB like this thread was then it's pretty ridiculous >.>;; anyways let's ignore my two cents : )

I don't know of much of overlooked games but Endless Oceans looks interesting. I'm still debating whether I should get it or not. It could be a decent game for my family to play. To those who owns it: How long does it last?(or is it like animal crossing of sort) Are the area big and filled with interesting stuff? From the clips I can't really tell heheh

I've played about 15 hours of endless ocean and explored about 90% of the areas. I've only found about 3/5 to 2/3 of the fish though so there is still alot to see and do. If the game looks interesting to you, then I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Its not too great right at the beginning because the shallow parts you start in aren't too exciting. But the more you play the more captivating it becomes.

Would you say it's a game that has pretty good replay value? or once you've explored it all it becomes boring? I'd think with WiFi it can last pretty well right? and the price is kinda cheap.

The Godfather was an excellent game that made great use of the Wii controls but I don't think it sold over 100k (EA's fine with that though so w/e). Definitely a good overlooked title.

Another one is Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. It's pretty much the only decent RPG on the Wii right now. It's challenging, lengthy (I put in about 35-40 hours to complete), and unlike most Nintendo games, there's an emphasis on story which is told unconventionally for the franchise (and how many RPGs makes you switch sides throughout a series of chapters?). This game sold over 100k in Japan but I don't think it got much over 200k worldwide, if it even sold that much.

EDIT: It always annoys me when people complain about Nintendo games generally having little emphasis on fleshed-out storylines and not being "mature" yet completely ignore Fire Emblem.

Last edited:
Games people ought to look into more:

Mercury Meltdown Revolution - $20 game, a good $40 value. Excellent puzzle game with vast depth and good replayability, great use of Wii controls, good design.
Geometry Wars: Galaxies - $40, slightly overpriced, but a very fun arcade shooter with a very large amount of gameplay available as well as a satisfying multiplayer. Also has its own definitive style.
Zack and Wiki - $30, good value puzzle adventure game that surely merits a sequel.

If you're into sports, check out PES and MLB Power Pros, Konami's two flagship sports franchises, which in my opinion put EA's crap to shame:
MLB Power Pros - $40, one of the best sports games on the Wii thus far, with multiple modes and infinite depth in simulation, strategy, stats, etc. Despite its visual style, gameplay is very realistic and satisfying. Beats games like The Bigs hands down.
Pro Evolution Soccer - $40, at this price, this will possibly be the best value sports game on the Wii to date. Outside of the US, the PES series of soccer games (known as Winning Eleven overseas) has far more support than FIFA, PES is by far superior to FIFA in almost every aspect (including not only gameplay, but even user interface, ability to customize, etc - at least, this much was true on PS2 versions). FIFA is only where it is now today by copying most things from PES (I know, I've played both quite a lot since 2001) - even FIFA's visuals grow ever more similar to PES's.

Back