Overlord Wii 'blows away everything' on the console - developer

vashivihan

Let There Be Rock
Oct 24, 2007
canada
Wii Online Code
8799-9801-1544-7718
It's become acceptable for Wii games to look less than spectacular visually, and certainly well below the bar set by Xbox 360 and PS3 games, but it seems all developers aren't cut from the same rock.

Speaking to VideoGamer.com in an interview to be published on the site later today, Overlord: Dark Legend associate producer Dean Scott confidently stated that the upcoming Wii game "blows away just about everything else" he's seen on the console. A bold claim, but he's prepared to be held up to "internet ridicule if that's not the case".

"Overlord Dark Legend looks amazing," said Scott. "When people see this game in motion, they are going to be seriously impressed. It sounds like such a lame cliché to say 'it looks like the 360 version', but that's true. Not exactly, but it's closer than we ever imagined possible on the platform.

"Of course we've made some changes to get that level of fidelity on the Wii, but the guys at Climax have been very clever with it. In terms of looks, it blows away just about everything else I've seen on Wii," he concluded.

Overlord: Dark Legend is a brand new entry in the Overlord series made exclusively for the Wii. As the Overlord you'll be in control of teams of multi-skilled minions, hell-bent on causing mayhem as you work through a fairytale inspired story.

You'll have to wait until the summer to see if Overlord: Dark Legend looks as good as Scott claims, but for more on the game, and the companion DS game, check back later today for the full interview.

linkage

I'm excited to see how this ends up, I know I can play the one on the 360 but this one is like a sequel or the beginning I think right? Either way, I want to give it a try on Wii and if the visuals are as top notch as they say then that's a bonus.

I'm excited to see how this ends up, I know I can play the one on the 360 but this one is like a sequel or the beginning I think right? Either way, I want to give it a try on Wii and if the visuals are as top notch as they say then that's a bonus.

yeah man, evil version of pikmin with wii controls=fappage

Looking forward to this. I played a demo of the 360 version once, it was quite interesting. This should be better on the Wii.

These?

overlord-dark-legend-20080822024206780.jpg

overlord-dark-legend-20080822024209343.jpg

overlord-dark-legend-20080822024211296.jpg

They did come out in August, so I guess they've had plenty of time to improve, but they don't seem too impressive. I do have to admit, the last one looks pretty decent.

^The last one looks pretty good, the others not so much...

But yeah those are pretty old screenshots.

I just ran into this at Joystiq:

overlorddarkleg582.jpg

Looks damn good to me.

That screenshot looks insanely good. The environment and character models look top notch. Between this and The Conduit we are really about to see the untapped potential of the Wii hardware.

That screenshot looks insanely good. The environment and character models look top notch. Between this and The Conduit we are really about to see the untapped potential of the Wii hardware.

dont forget monster hunter 3.

FINALLY game developers are listening to what we've been asking them to give us; great games with great graphics. 2009 is looking to be a GREAT year.

Yes, I can't wait to point and laugh at all my friends who sold their Wii's in 2008! I am excited about HOTD: Overkill, Conduit, Overlord, Tenchu Shadow Assassins, Deadly Creatures, and Madworld and all of these games come out near the first half of the year. Also I just read on IGN that EA is releasing a Boom Blox sequel, sounds good.

Yes, I can't wait to point and laugh at all my friends who sold their Wii's in 2008! I am excited about HOTD: Overkill, Conduit, Overlord, Tenchu Shadow Assassins, Deadly Creatures, and Madworld and all of these games come out near the first half of the year. Also I just read on IGN that EA is releasing a Boom Blox sequel, sounds good.
THE FIRST HALF!?!?!! WOW thats amazing. Just wait for whats in store in the second half of 09. I'm hoping for some more great games.

Back