p$3 in the UK

MasterJedi2U said:

" Fanboyism - Leave it at the door please

Yes i know this is a predominantely Nintendo Wii community, but we also have many members who own additional gaming consoles.

This section is for discussion of the Playstation 3 console, and is in no way exempt from the site rules and guidelines. Meaning no trolling, flaming or thread crapping purely because you dislike the PS3 console.

Discussion and debate is welcomed provided it is mature and as objective as possible, the fanboyism needs to be stop.

If reading about the PS3 annoys you then please dont visit this section of the forum."

How is that fanboyism...just reported the news. And if you don't like it TOO BAD SO SAD. Its true and I for one am not surprised. But now I can laugh at you for being so sensitive regarding some more bad news.

What do you expect
All the fanboys/grahpics whores have got there console
So now no one wants it

kidtmnt said:
"I'm not at all surprised." is fanboyism.
Damn. Someone should have told all them people expecting there to be another Mario game not to be such fanboy's.

I agree that the post would have been fanboyish if it were to openly say "ps3 is crap" without reason. He provided an article and said nothing that was not backed up and actively senselessly bashing at the same time.

Personally, I think Sony fan's will have a hard time spinning this one.

So with the ps3 sales in the UK , there was a massive spike at launch (fastest selling uk launch console) then demand dropped quickly. Well that may just have been a slow week perhaps? Or maybe just the majority who wanted one purchased one at launch.

Darkprinny said:
What do you expect
All the fanboys/grahpics whores have got there console
So now no one wants it
thats what i said:yesnod: :smilewinkgrin:

MasterJedi2U said:

Simply put.

New system comes out + lots of pre-orders = sales spike. After those 85% pre-orders are out of the way, the sales go to NORMAL mode.

The sales didnt drop in the way that you are hoping, rather, upon launch all those pre-orders were dealt with. So, no they didnt lose 80% of their sales.

Think of it like an opening weekend for a movie. The new movie "fanboys on ice" comes out, first weekend everyone has their tickets bought and camps outside waiting for midnight when the movie starts. That weekend the sales are high because its.. well opening weekend. Then the following week it goes to a normal pace. In the movie world, they seperate opening week profits and and then consecutive following week sales.

The same goes for the gaming industry. Its launch week sales and then its regular sales following.

Im not suprised you didnt understand this.

kidtmnt said:
"I'm not at all surprised." is fanboyism.

Hardly really fanboyism, just because one is not surprised by this fall of another console simply does not make them a "fanboy". I am not really surprised by this fall either, it was simply logical. By you assuming that this is faboyism, surely this makes you a fanboy as you seem to be defending "your console".

Calling people fanboy's really seems to just be another way to insult a user of another console. Maybe you should leave your insults at the door.

The recent fall of the rate in PS3 sales is logical because, everyone who really wanted one got there's at launch as there were plenty in stock. Time will tell however this could be a setback to reality for Sony.

Shiftfallout said:
Simply put.

New system comes out + lots of pre-orders = sales spike. After those 85% pre-orders are out of the way, the sales go to NORMAL mode.

The sales didnt drop in the way that you are hoping, rather, upon launch all those pre-orders were dealt with. So, no they didnt lose 80% of their sales.

Think of it like an opening weekend for a movie. The new movie "fanboys on ice" comes out, first weekend everyone has their tickets bought and camps outside waiting for midnight when the movie starts. That weekend the sales are high because its.. well opening weekend. Then the following week it goes to a normal pace. In the movie world, they seperate opening week profits and and then consecutive following week sales.

The same goes for the gaming industry. Its launch week sales and then its regular sales following.

Im not suprised you didnt understand this.
I don't think it's the fact that he didn't understand it, I think it's more of a case of the scale at which it is displayed.

Considering some were crying out for "the best launch ever", this is one hell of a downer...

Back