Pachter: Natal, PS3 MC won't topple Wii

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Missed our favorite analyst, Michael Pachter, much? Don't worry, he's back, and he's got more than two cents in opinion on the event that he predicted dead last year, E3 Expo.

This time around, he zooms in on the highlights of the Expo, the new motion controllers of the big three. His verdict: No Natal nor PS3 MC will topple down the great, big Wii.

So he said:

Sony and Microsoft each fired canon shots across Nintendo's bow, with Microsoft's Project Natal and Sony's Motion Controller (based on the EyeToy). We view Microsoft's proposed offering as intended to provide a user-friendly interface for Xbox Live dashboard access, and view Sony's offering as Wii-nis envy. We do not expect either to displace Nintendo's Wii from its leadership position.

Admit it, you did miss him after all.

Heres the link http://wii.qj.net/Pachter-Natal-PS3-MC-won-t-topple-Wii/pg/49/aid/132022

I said the same thing. Sure Sony and M$ will try to advance it farther, but that's not going to take the Wii down.

Who cares really? They all are taking gaming in a new direction which is great for all of us, give natal more time to develop and I can see that doing very well and might actually be the next step in gaming.

Nintendo took electronic entertainment in a new direction, I think this needs to happen again.

Nintendo has invented the wonders of gaming. Probaly the most legendary gaming achievement for them is Z-targeting. That was pretty big, but not recognized. Now they have the wm plus, which is going to desrtoy natal and whatever sonys attempt is. Nintendo introduced motion controlled gaming to the world, and now mc and sony know that all it takes is some more hardcore things and their screwed. They know that their projects are years behind nintendos, and when the wii gets a nice little update for graphics, those companies that left nintendo are going to turn back around and help nintendo be, once again, number one. Natal is flawed, its going to be too glitched up. You can tell since they showed it in advertisement form, unable to do it live because they are trying to fix the arsenal of flaws and glitches. I dont care about Sony, because they fell behind with lack of variety and negative profit gains.

Back