Paper Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

westearth

WiiChat Member
Dec 14, 2007
Milwaukee, WI
I've been wanting to get the Paper Mario game for my Wii. Should I get the new Wii version, or the version available on VC? Are they similar, and just that the Wii version has better graphics? If not similar, which one do you suggest?
If they are pretty much the same game, I'd like to save a few bucks and get the VC version.

I enjoy both. (Beat both) The only difference (Not counting story/plot) is that the combat in Paper Mario is turn based. Whereas Super Paper Mario is a lot more like a platformer in terms of combat (Mario jumps on a goomba and keeps on walking) and Super Paper Mario also has the ability of switching from 2/3D.

They are definately not the same game. The VC one is almost considered a different series. Super Paper Mario is a new mini series and it is very different from the VC one. SPM is a really fun game, and you should get it, but if you have never played the VC one, get that too. it's a classic.

Thanks! I think the Super Paper Mario seems more like my kind of a game. I'll get that one first, and once I beat it, I might get the VC version as well!

Yeah they are both different, different characters and storylines etc.
There is also a Gamecube Paper Mario, The Thousand Year Door.
Look into that one, its pretty good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back