Part Of Television Screen Gets Cut Off

Hungry4wii

WiiChat Member
Jun 29, 2007
For most of my virtual console games, part of the screen gets cut off. Is there anyway to fix this?

Oh my friend has a T.V. that does this, it sometimes came back in if he slammed his hand down really hard on the top or side of the T.V. not recommended though especially if it is a nice T.V. If the T.V. has a tube, the actual T.V. might be braking because of age or wear or whathaveyou but if it ONLY happens on Virtual Console games as you say it is probably a problem with the Wii console or connections. Maybe even some settings on the T.V. are wrong.

Last edited:
It does it for some regular wii games but I repositioned the screen a bit so it is hard to see. Can it be because my television is not a flat screen?

Hungry4wii said:
It does it for some regular wii games but I repositioned the screen a bit so it is hard to see. Can it be because my television is not a flat screen?

No. But if your TV is not widescreen make sure you don't have it set for 16:9

I'd say something serious is wrong. Either appeal for a new console (don't think that's what it is though) or buy a new T.V./use a different T.V. in your house.

I am pretty sure it is the tv. When I was going to play my dreamcast nearly half the screen was gone. :/

It happens on mine too, mostly because I play my Wii on a tube TV. The only way to prevent this is to play your Wii on a flat-screen TV (Lucky for me, I play my second Wii on my 52-inch projection TV)

i have a flatscreen and i have to set it to widescreen or super wide screen for it to show all of my menu etc

If only the Wii had a setting to adjust the screen to the TV, just like the Gamecube did.

Back