PC gaming.

Bryan_

:3
Jan 4, 2007
AL
Wii Online Code
3582-2082-5938-2937
I've recently built my first computer and now I'm playing all these games I never got a chance to play like Quake 4, Doom 3, Oblivion..

I bought CS:S and some other Steam games. I did get to play and beat Half Life 2 on my old laptop, but it lagged when you looked in a long direction, I loved the game but the overall experience was just crap to me since the game stuttered all the time. I went back and played it on the highest settings and I loved it.

What is your current gaming rig and your favorite PC game/online PC game?

CPU: [2 CPU's - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+]
RAM: [1024MB]
VidCard: [nVidia GeForce 7900 GS] (pasted from an IRC script :p)

CPU: AMD 64 3000+
GPU: nVIDIA 6600 LE
RAM: 1 gig

yea i need to upgrade. im going to build a kick ass PC when i graduate at the end of the month! also, bryan, i suggest adding more RAM as 1 gig is becoming the norm. i suggest 2-3 gigs

I got:

1gb Ram
nVidia 7600LE or something LMAO!
Dunno about CPU

I only play COD2 anyways so ^^ - I need money lol

Xfire = TheNinjaSmurf if anyone wants it xD

Not nearly high enough. It's enough to run the source engine (CS:S, Half life 2, DOD:S) at a decent resolution, but I still get some video lag when there are a lot of sprites on the screen. I'm upgrading, or maybe just building a new one for when Guild Wars 2 comes out.

@WiiSmurf: I added you on Xfire. :3

@Mitch: Yeah, definitely. I'm going to pick up another 2 512mb sticks from Newegg probably later this month. Later this month, the 8600 Ultra comes out, which supports DirectX 10. eVGA's Step-Up program will allow me to swap my 7900 GS for the 8600 Ultra, which is awesome, so I'll have some cash still left.

Thing is, if you want to use DirectX 10, you have to upgrade to Vista.. which I don't want to do until near September-ish, when Crysis comes out.

If you're building a new PC, make sure you check all the good computer sites like Newegg, Tigerdirect and Frys to make sure you get the best deal.

i only use newegg :). also can i have your old card when you get the 8600? PLEASE. i wont ban you if you do ;)

I wish you got to keep the card, what you do in the step-up program is send them your old card and then they send you the newer one..

I'd be all up for giving someone that needed a newer card my old one. Sorry. XD Next month the 7 series cards should drop a little in price, same with the 8's.

I have an old crappy geforce 5500 or whatever laying around.. I took it out of a PC I found in the trash. Retarded people throw stuff away like that a lot.

i got a radeon 8500 and like 512 RAM lol
I REALLY want to upgrade or buy a whole new computer...but i need to get some other things before that like a new phone,paintball money and umm A JOB...but all i play now is CSS and i havent played it in a while...

My PC is t3h sucks.

CPU: AMD +2600 Socket A AGP (Which is t3h gay)
Graphics: ATI Raedon 9200 ( My 6600 GT fried on me)
RAM: 768MB

I really need to build a new computer. Once I get a job, my computer will be t3h l33t. xP

You should all play Darwinia. If you've never heard about it, google, it. It's an awesome game. Never seen anything else like it..

I dont have a clue about building a computer lol, my comp is ****, all i know is its got 512mb of ram, an its a dell. My dad just buys computers from the likes of Dell and Pc world, can anyone tell me a good computer ready built thats £1000 or less?

My PC only costs around $600 to build, better than most of the ones you buy from the stores and stuff.

Your dad can probably help you, everything comes with a manual..

www.newegg.com

I'd have to agree that Newegg.com is the best place to buy Computer Hardware. Plus, they have great service and fast shipping.

Close to necroposting but I have to tell you guys..

FlatOut 2 is an awesome game. There's a great mod community (Flat Joint Forums) and the online multiplayer is just kick ass. I've been playing it for 3 days straight now..

Also, if anyone has Xfire, tell me your name so I can add you!

Ha ha ha!! here's my specs...

1.9 GHz Pentium 4
256 MB RAM
Nvidia something piece of crap. Before they started the numbering system though....

All i'm running right now is Mozilla, GIMP, NetZero, and Frets On Fire (GH clone) Even Fof and OPENSOURCE program is laggy....

Gonna upgrade after a month or so to Vista. My dad won't let me build a laptop, so I'm probably gonna get a xps or so for College next year.

Back