people need to accept that red steel sucks

sweeney

WiiChat Member
Nov 18, 2006
West Scotland
don't get mad just because a game you thought would be great is actually not that good. the game didn't look all that great anyway. the wii still has better launch titles than the ps3 and you have to remember lauch titles are usually expected to suck anyway. Dont worry there will be plenty of great titles in the future including great fps's(metroid?)

honestly. no. But i do not believe that reviews that are bad are bad because of baised editors. i already know that loads of people will have a go at me and say"dont judge it until youv tried it". But ok, play it yourself let me know if its a great game. let me ask you this--- have you EVER played a game that got a really bad review and it has been a really good game??

sweeney said:
honestly. no. But i do not believe that reviews that are bad are bad because of baised editors. i already know that loads of people will have a go at me and say"dont judge it until youv tried it". But ok, play it yourself let me know if its a great game. let me ask you this--- have you EVER played a game that got a really bad review and it has been a really good game??
Red Steel only got a really bad review from GameSpot from an editor who would much rather be playing another console. What do you expect?

NGamer gave this a 90%.

Another example of how biased GameSpot is is giving Zelda an 8.8. An 8.8 isn't bad, but from what I've heard... it's one of the best games ever.

sweeney said:
have you EVER played a game that got a really bad review and it has been a really good game??
Yes, a lot
But I can't remember names
Most of them got a Solid 5 from gamespot and they were all Nintendo games except 1

cant remember the names??......................ok. i completely agree about the review on zelda. But all other sites give scores as an overall whereas gamespot do it with 5 different categories then give an average. sound was put down because of the bad quality speaker on the remote and lack of orchestra. And the graphics were put down because they were not up to the standards of what the wii can do(because it is really a port from gamecube to wii).......... n gamer gave it 90% because it is a nintendo magazine. wait for other reviews to come in and they will suck

sweeney said:
People have their own opinions too! The media can display the same thing in many different ways. I can bet you that there will be heaps of people out there that will call the same games graphics bad while another group calls them 'hell good'. I mean, didnt u just see that gamespot and ign thing? Gamespot gave like 8.3 i think, (not entirely sure) while IGN gave it like 9.5. Theres quite i difference in their if u ask me. Also, im not sure how u can judge a game without actually playing it. Your basically judging the game on somone elses opinion which is kind of weird seeing that everyone has completely different opinions.

Pokemaster said:
Yes, a lot
But I can't remember names
Most of them got a Solid 5 from gamespot and they were all Nintendo games except 1
They gave Mario Kart 64 a 6.4... that's one of the funnest games ever. Especially multiplayer.

oh ovcourse................ a game being a bit funny is really enough to make it a good enough game to get a good review. m7ticalm-- the people that do reviews dont just give their own personal opinion on a game. they give the facts about the game that they know people will like and hate....... i mean they assume you dont like a game that is really short for example, or a game that has really really bad graphics or the gameplay is really awkward and boring.

sweeney said:
oh ovcourse................ a game being a bit funny is really enough to make it a good enough game to get a good review. m7ticalm-- the people that do reviews dont just give their own personal opinion on a game. they give the facts about the game that they know people will like and hate....... i mean they assume you dont like a game that is really short for example, or a game that has really really bad graphics or the gameplay is really awkward and boring.
Okay.. now you're making me mad. I said FUNNEST not FUNNIEST! Mario Kart 64 is a classic game for the N64... love by MANY, hated by a reviewer. And no, you're wrong. Reviewer's put in there view of a game too. But yeah, SOME of it is 'fact' I guess you could say about graphics and sound. But gameplay can vary depending on different people.

RedSteel ownz, i cant wait to get a third controller and fourth controller.

Extrememly uncomfortable at first but you get used to it after about 10 minutes.

P.S. Red Steel is awesome.

Bowling was kickass but Red Steel blows it away!

Reviews from people in this very board.

imo reviews, other peoples opinions (not a flame i respect your opinion) mean nothing to me personally. if i like a game and everyone else thinks its poor it dosnt matter...

epikon said:
imo reviews, other peoples opinions (not a flame i respect your opinion) mean nothing to me personally. if i like a game and everyone else thinks its poor it dosnt matter...

I agree, ofcourse i take reviews into account but in the end it's all down to personaly preference and i like to make my own mind up on a game :)

well i dunno about you but i dont crap money. if i see reviews saying a game is crap then im not going to go and buy it just incase i might like it when i know i wont.

Back