People who are getting their Wii's on Sunday

Lol i went to my local target at around 5:30 and i was 27 in line and the store had 33 Wii's so i got 2 of them. IM pretty much gunn play all freaking day

I got 2 this morning at Target, enter the store at about 8:05 and me and girl friend bought the last two. :ciappa:

Went to Circuit city at 730, 15 ppl already in line and 15 was all they got. Went to Toys R Us, guy in front of me got the last "ticket" for them. Was walking through the Toys R Us parking lot, guy rolls down his window and says "I got 4 tickets, wanna buy one for $450" (was about to spaz). Went to Best Buy, Only one waiting in the front of the store at 900, guy comes out for a smoke, "What you here for", Looking for a Wii (Sunday is a truck day for this Best Buy). Guy walks in and checks for me and comes back out, "We dont have any, you should have been here last Sunday, we had 38! (Was sick last Sunday). So yeah, that was my day.

Left my house at 8 in the morning already 19 people lined up there..waited for a while and got my voucher and later on enterd the store the Wii motes sold out like hotcakes!!! luckily I got my hand on 1 and go my Wii its so cool but I think it would be better with online.. I need to get wireless router also there was so many LOZ:TP copy's that no one was grabbing so I got that too :)

Only store where i live thats getting them is Wal-Mart on wednesday. I''m gonna be going at 12:00AM until 8:00AM. They open at 6:00AM so i dont know wtf they are waiting until 8:00AM until they sell them. Gonna have to dress warm and bring some entertainment for those 8 hrs but its gonna be fun. Good luck to everyone on 12/6!

Managed to pick mine up earlier (As well as an extra remote/nunchuck) w/ Zelda, Rayman and Trauma Center. Must say that was the most pleasent group of people I could imagine being stuck outside with all night long. Arrived at 3am, and ended up being 11/26 at 8am when Circuit City passed out the Vouchers. Definitely worth the wait!

Much thanks to the posters of this forum. If it hadn't have been for the leaked CC #'s, I never would have thought to camp up there this morning!

Is Wal-Mart's Wednesday shipment confirmed? I've had continuous bad luck trying to get a Wii, and this is looking to be my only hope? What's the deal?

Limbo said:
Is Wal-Mart's Wednesday shipment confirmed? I've had continuous bad luck trying to get a Wii, and this is looking to be my only hope? What's the deal?

Yes Walmart.. or as I call it" RATMART" will have a shipment coming in on the 6th.

Luck at Target

Got to Target at 6:00 a.m. Was #12 in line...they had 27. Cool deal!

Big thanks goes out to everyone in this forum. I was trying to get one on Ebay, but couldn't bring myself to pay what they were going for over there. A little bit of web searching turned up a quote from a Nintendo spokesperson saying that they had already sold 600,000 Wii's and were on target to meet sales of 3 million by Christmas. A little simple math shows that's 8 times more than they have already sold, yet to hit the market.

At that point, I decided to give up on the Ebay route and find a place that would be getting some of that 2.4 million yet to come out. Another quick web search turned up this forum. At 11:30 last night I read in a thread here that Target was getting some. Went to bed, got some sleep, got up at 5:30, and was back home by 8:30 with my Wii...or I should say, my kids' Wii.

Gonna hafta wait until Christmas to play it, but I'm sure it's going to go well with the new LCD TV we bought as a family gift. Gonna be a hell of a Christmas Day this year!

cidbearit said:
they had already sold 600,000 Wii's and were on target to meet sales of 3 million by Christmas. A little simple math shows that's 8 times more than they have already sold, yet to hit the market.

I'm thinking the maths isn't as simple as you suggest :smilewinkgrin:

cidbearit said:
A little bit of web searching turned up a quote from a Nintendo spokesperson saying that they had already sold 600,000 Wii's and were on target to meet sales of 3 million by Christmas. A little simple math shows that's 8 times more than they have already sold, yet to hit the market.

Isn't that 5 times as many as they have sold and that would mean only 4 times the number sold have yet to hit the shelves?

Also it may just be me but it is way to cold to be waiting outside in line to get a Wii.

Last edited:
man, i need an extra controller and i cant find it anywhere, i dont feel like camping with wii hunters just for a wiimote :frown2:

and.... im not buying it from ebay hehe

Back