Perfect Dark hitting soon

Shady41

WiiChat Member
Jul 21, 2009
Well I used to take pity on the Wii folks here since they weren't going to experience the greatness of Perfect Dark. Now that is replaced my laughter. Now now, I'm not exactly laughing at you.

I'm laughing at Nintendo of Japan that have essentially screwed you all over because you will never get to experience Perfect Dark.

PD Trailer

Behold it and weep, because we even get the classic Goldeneye Guns for multiplayer, so we essentially got Goldeneye007 in the bundle. Maybe if you all cry and beg Iwata will finally pull his head out of the sand and repent. I have to laugh at Nintendo because they can't derail this now, there's nothing they can do since it's an original IP of Rare and not full of licenses and crap.

Who knows, maybe if PD sells well enough on the Xbox Live Arcade perhaps both parties will see about getting Goldeneye007 back on the table. For now, I'll be enjoying the best FPS ever to hit consoles in glorious HD and 60 FPS.

I suppose everyone is too busy despairing and wishing Nintendo would get this game on the Virtual Console. :wink:

Why would anyone have thought that Perfect Dark would be on the VC? It's well known that it is a Rare franchise and that Rare are owned by Microsoft. Expecting it to be released for the Wii is like expecting Mario to appear on the 360, it just wont happen. Goldeneye could appear on either console but probably wont because of all the companies staking claims in it.

I'm not sure if Perfect Dark was really worth the 375 million that Microsoft paid for Rare but at least they finally have got a good game out of them, even if it is a port of a 10 year old game. I'm not sure why nobody has outright copied PD in all those years as it still has some of the best weapons in any FPS (the laptop gun and rail gun are especially great).

I'll be buying it on the 360 as soon as I get a harddrive. :)

Why would anyone have thought that Perfect Dark would be on the VC? It's well known that it is a Rare franchise and that Rare are owned by Microsoft. Expecting it to be released for the Wii is like expecting Mario to appear on the 360, it just wont happen. Goldeneye could appear on either console but probably wont because of all the companies staking claims in it.

I'm not sure if Perfect Dark was really worth the 375 million that Microsoft paid for Rare but at least they finally have got a good game out of them, even if it is a port of a 10 year old game. I'm not sure why nobody has outright copied PD in all those years as it still has some of the best weapons in any FPS (the laptop gun and rail gun are especially great).

I'll be buying it on the 360 as soon as I get a harddrive. :)

One would think that if the Goldeneye deal with Nintendo and Microsoft went through I'm willing to bet Perfect Dark would have made it to both consoles. Since that's not the case, we get the next best thing, the consolation prize of its worthy sequel.

And yes, Rare has sucked ever since their move to the 360, but this one port game alone makes it worth it.

Buh?

Who would want a normal port of it?
(Thats what Nintendo want with all there ports the same game with nothing added)
Fans of Rare will probably already own a 360 and so wont want it on the Wii

Buh?

Who would want a normal port of it?
(Thats what Nintendo want with all there ports the same game with nothing added)
Fans of Rare will probably already own a 360 and so wont want it on the Wii

Which are why Nintendo Ports are made of fail.

I think if PD sold well Nintendo and MS could get back to trying to work out a deal with Goldeneye, and MS can let them have Perfect Dark as a offer of goodwill.

Doesn't matter to me in the end though, I'll be enjoying it on my 360. :D

Well I used to take pity on the Wii folks here since they weren't going to experience the greatness of Perfect Dark. Now that is replaced my laughter. Now now, I'm not exactly laughing at you.

I'm laughing at Nintendo of Japan that have essentially screwed you all over because you will never get to experience Perfect Dark.

PD Trailer

Behold it and weep, because we even get the classic Goldeneye Guns for multiplayer, so we essentially got Goldeneye007 in the bundle. Maybe if you all cry and beg Iwata will finally pull his head out of the sand and repent. I have to laugh at Nintendo because they can't derail this now, there's nothing they can do since it's an original IP of Rare and not full of licenses and crap.

Who knows, maybe if PD sells well enough on the Xbox Live Arcade perhaps both parties will see about getting Goldeneye007 back on the table. For now, I'll be enjoying the best FPS ever to hit consoles in glorious HD and 60 FPS.

I have the original on my N64.... What's your point? ooo better visuals? increased speed?... meh!

I have the original on my N64.... What's your point? ooo better visuals? increased speed?... meh![/QUOTE]

It's okay to cry because you won't have it how Rare intended it to be. I'll be enjoying the Goldeneye weapons in multiplayer, playing online with friends in co-op, counter-co op, multiplayer, and in the multiplayer challenges. And yea, better graphics and frame rate are nice. You can enjoy the choppy framerate when too much action goes on.

By all means, keep the relic. I'll be over here in the 21st century.

I have the original on my N64.... What's your point? ooo better visuals? increased speed?... meh

It's okay to cry because you won't have it how Rare intended it to be. I'll be enjoying the Goldeneye weapons in multiplayer, playing online with friends in co-op, counter-co op, multiplayer, and in the multiplayer challenges. And yea, better graphics and frame rate are nice. You can enjoy the choppy framerate when too much action goes on.

.... urgh, it's people like you which made people like me not bother with game forums anymore! Seriously, if I gave two shits about playing it on the Xbox 360, I would go buy one, but seeing as I'm not, I won't be. I don't think anyone is crying about anything? Are you what people refer to as a fanboy? Like you would rather stick your reproductive organs in the console than someone of the opposite sex?!

You bore me.

I have the original on my N64.... What's your point? ooo better visuals? increased speed?... meh

Are you what people refer to as a fanboy? Like you would rather stick your reproductive organs in the console than someone of the opposite sex?!

Actually those are console fanboys, and I don't care about the console wars at all. I'm just here because of the pleasant irony that we'll have the best FPS ever and you don't because of some douche over in Nintendo of Japan.

I think if PD sold well Nintendo and MS could get back to trying to work out a deal with Goldeneye, and MS can let them have Perfect Dark as a offer of goodwill.

It isn't just Nintendo and Microsoft that were involved in the Goldeneye debacle, there's the whole 007 license issue as well.

I fail to see how Perfect Dark not being on the VC has anything to do with Nintendo of Japan though, other than them selling Rare back in 2002 (which was a great bit of business).

I have the original on my N64.... What's your point? ooo better visuals? increased speed?... meh!

How about
  • A few bugs iorned out
  • Online gubbins
  • A controller that it will probably be better on
  • And the stuff you mentioned

Yes I do have it on N64 as well
Only draw backs are that its download only and I hate download only things

.... urgh, it's people like you which made people like me not bother with game forums anymore! Seriously, if I gave two shits about playing it on the Xbox 360, I would go buy one, but seeing as I'm not, I won't be. I don't think anyone is crying about anything? Are you what people refer to as a fanboy? Like you would rather stick your reproductive organs in the console than someone of the opposite sex?!
You sound more like the fanboy here.

Oh hai, I just sexed up your Wii
wiibrator.jpg

Its no wonder the PS3s new waggle controller is more rounded. It makes it easier for Sony fans boys to shove up there arses.

How about
  • A few bugs iorned out
  • Online gubbins
  • A controller that it will probably be better on
  • And the stuff you mentioned

Arguably the best game on the N64 is now the best game on the 360. On the whole the game is relatively untouched with a slight improvement in visuals due to better textures/higher resolution, a much better framerate and of course the addition of online play. There are still a few bugs and moments when it can freeze up; but on the whole it is a much smoother experience. One bad change is the look of Joanna, she looked fine before but it looks like they decided to model her on Posh Spice for the 360 port. Thankfully its a FPS though and not a 3rd person shooter so it doesn't matter too much.

Controls are no different than the N64 version. It is of course dual analogue but that was available in the original (by using 2 N64 controllers). In terms of accuracy there is little difference, in fact I think it was slightly easier to aim with the N64 controller but that could just be my 360 controllers stick being a bit loose or something.

I'm not sure how well the online works just yet as I've only played one game and was killed 6 times at spawn points before I could even move or pick up a gun. That rarely happened when I played on the N64 so I'll reserve judgement until I've played some more matches. Splitscreen is as good as ever.

Even after 10 years Perfect Dark is still a great game and really shows how much FPS have been dumbed down over the years. In PD you have your objective but usually no map or guide to find it, unlike modern FPS that have a map and often a guide arrow even when you're pretty much on a straight path. It is a classic game and a bargin at 800 MS points ($10).

Back