PETA bashes Mario (and Wii) while promoting there anti-KFC platformer!

KrisKhaos

Retro Gamer
Aug 17, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
Wii Online Code
2328-3260-7811-1534
In the process of some serious KFC bashing, seems PETA is into some serious copyright infringement while they insult Mario (and friends) as part of there "comic" cut scenes. The game starts with Mario and his brother unable to save "Princess Pam", due to Wii related injuries, leaving a pair of chicks (baby chickens) to platform across a Mario-like world instead.

In this world you eat Tofu to power up like the super mushroom, doubling your size, and jump on the KFC flag pole to end each level. Along with it's propaganda within the game about animal cruelty, the game seems to focus about as much attention on Mario. Mario ends up being served a large number of "mishaps" such as getting jumped by a PETA activist for stomping on Koopa Troopas, and getting slapped by Peach for wanting to save another princess besides her. The Mario bashing continues in-between each level.

I dunno if this is old news or not but it's new to me, and probably others as well. Here is the link, I want to hear what people think about this...

http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/superchicksisters/index.asp

lol. im all for treating animals with respect, but i still eat them. PETA tends to take things to the extreme. god i hate those bastards. as for the game, its rediculous, im playing it now.

Hmm i just went to check it out on wikipedia and found notting about them having problems with Mario, Anyways i used to find Peta cool but finding them bashing Mario just makes me mad :mad5:. If this is serious im gonna start PABM which is People Against Bashing Mario.

KidDtoX said:
Hmm i just went to check it out on wikipedia and found notting about them having problems with Mario, Anyways i used to find Peta cool but finding them bashing Mario just makes me mad :mad5:. If this is serious im gonna start PABM which is People Against Bashing Mario.

(Yes, it is obviously serious.) I don't think PETA maintains there page on Wikipedia namely due to the fact of bias-based material that would be found there. You might have to utilize google and manually pour through PETA's propaganda on it's various websites for a more clear picture.

I'm guessing that since PETA is taking a video game approach they are using the Mario icon as a means to score credibility for themselves. Mario is a well known icon, and the Wii itself is getting alot of attention, so basically by means of stealing some of the spotlight from Nintendo for themselves.

I have read forum threads and comments in the past about PETA supporters belly aching over Mario stomping animals teaches kids it's "okay to kill animals" as adults. I took it has a drop in the ocean and never thought about it again until now. I understand the desire to push there own "heroes" by stealing some spotlight and attempting to be comical in the process however there focus between KFC and Mario are almost balanced.

PETA has always been a borderline violent society resorting in extreme means to prevent the usage of animal based products and testing. PETA supports have been known to break the law in the past, and doesn't surprise me that they are willing to infringe on copyrights at all.

Personally I am thankful for all the mice and lab rats who have been sacrificed to protect and promote better health and living for us all. Until wild animals stop looking at us as snacks then I will consider doing the same. :)

Is PETA the radical Nature lover group that often protests at places completely naked and sometimes breaks into zoos to free animals? If so, they suck. I support animal rights but they just strengthen the stereotype that nature lovers are a bunch of dangerous hippies.

EDIT :: Just played the game, and if that information about Scalding Chickens alive etc. is true, then KFC really needs to be sued or forced to change their ways. But I still think PETA is a bunch of radicals.

Last edited:
Game isn't too good, and KFC is finger lickin' good.
Sorry but Peta failed.

Nice find though.

PETA - The ones who freak out over meat? Yeah they would say to a 4 year old that "Your mom is a murderer she is killing innocent animals and YOUR helping her!" afterwards hand the child a bloody chicken - Thats some serious problems.

Then again there was a PETA protest against a school serving elementary kids milk. I might add he was in a cow costume in 100+ Degree weather. The kids then proceeded to call him retarded and drink/toss milk at them. When he yelled back at the kids he was arrested.

Those are some smart kids.....

6ix said:
Is PETA the radical Nature lover group that often protests at places completely naked and sometimes breaks into zoos to free animals?
PETA stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, and yes, these are the people you often hear about resorting to illegal activities in effort to support there 'cause.
6ix said:
EDIT :: Just played the game, and if that information about Scalding Chickens alive etc. is true, then KFC really needs to be sued or forced to change their ways. But I still think PETA is a bunch of radicals.
Yes, there is some TRUTH behind what PETA is ranting about. The Chickens are processed by a conveyor system that passes them by a blade to slit there throats, only problem is that about 1 out of 20 may still be "moving" by the time they are boiled to remove there feathers. The process seems cruel however you have to consider how much chicken we consume each year and what it takes to fill that order at the lowest possible cost to the consumer. These factors are NOT in place to be "mean" to the birds but to provide all the products we know and love.

I've been wondering when Nintendo is going to catch onto this and pursue legal action. Maybe they already have. I'm sure KFC has filed notions against them, but then again - this campaign of PETA's against KFC has been going on for years and probably already has seen the court room.

Funny how the system often works, Oprah makes a comment about beef and the sales of bovine by-product fall. Then Beef industry sues and wins. PETA, who takes aggressive and often promotes hostile actions like flinging blood on fur coats in protest generally gets left alone. I would say that it's because of the rally of people that shift the votes of these judicial hearings, however Oprah I believe has a large fan base too (maybe larger than PETA's) nation-wide so that possibility is out.

Curious to what Nintendo will do about it. (If anything.) :|

Last edited:
Back