Petition Amazon

eclecticmo

WiiChat Member
Oct 18, 2012
USA
Hello,

I bought a Wii the other day and while I will play games on it I admit the primary purpose was for streaming videos. We got rid of cable and my husband doesn't like computers much so I was looking for a way he could watch streaming video on the tv. Anyway, found out that while we can use the Wii to access Amazon and navigate the site we can't stream videos from there. Amazon doesn't stream through the Wii at this time. I have contacted Amazon and politely suggested they add the Wii to the list of devices which can stream instant video from their site. I'm hoping that if enough Wii owners, assuming y'all are interested, also politely ask/suggest the same that Amazon will see to adding the Wii as a streaming device. It's worth trying and they can't shoot us just for asking. ;) Thanks to any and all who contact Amazon.

Eclecticmouse

Not to shoot down the idea, but with the Wii U on the way (which Amazon seems candid on ignoring for some peculiar reason...), I doubt they'l look into giving too much support to an older video game console. By all means continue on with the petition, my statement is more of a "you can try, but success is unlikely" sort'a deal.

That aside, if you'd be willing to pay for a service good ol' Netflix is 100% compatible with the Wii. I wouldn't doubt there's some not-as-perfect free streaming sites which are Wii-compatible, though I don't know of any since I'm not huge on streaming. Hate t' give such generic advice, but... Keep on google-ing lol. Best of luck to ya's findin' that proper stream site.

Oh I already subscribe to Hulu + but there are a few things, mostly FX shows that can only be had through Amazon. At least that has been what I've found so far and the husband likes a lot of the shows on FX but he really doesn't like having to watch it on the laptop. Thanks for the good luck wishes, like I said, worth a shot at any rate.

Simple solution, get one of those PCs on a stick

Back