Phat or Lite

I bought a phat on launch and a lite a month ago. Here is what I have to say about them. The phat has a better button placement. The dpad also works better. Don't believe me try playing Mario 64 ds on a phat and then on a lite and see which feels/works better. On the other hand though, the lite has an awesome screen and looks a lot better. It also fits into a pocket easier. I would say get a lite for that reason.

The Lite was built to be better.

I'm succumbing to the sexiness of the new Brain Age bundled Black and Red DS Lite... considering making some deals with EB to get one to replace my white DS. (A waste of effort and money for vanity, I know :p)

the phat is ugly as heck in my opinion. i hate carrying that thing around because its so big and the top of it is angular and what not but it was fifty bucks cheaper, its a tank, and GBA games dont stick out of the bottom of it. the screen brightness is fine on the phat too.

overall i choose phat, though i wouldnt mind upgrading to a lite in the future simply because it looks so nice and can fit in your pocket.

Frogger said:
You took my statement!

The only problem with the Lite I find is that it's weak, it's missing a vital backbone that the original had, although mine click and opens like an extremely heavy door it can handle a lot more pressure.

I play Mario Kart competitively, for anyone who has raced me, you'd know that, and I find snking much easier with the buttons that make a click (lolyaisnake). On the other hand, it gives you cramp and I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up with arthritis out of it. The chunky elavated platforms that the D Pad and buttons were on hurt my hands and I often had dinge marks on my hands. It's like when you'd play the N64 for too long and get a big A tattooed into your thumb.

So, more comfort and less prone to arthritic disease is probably best.

Although I am very competitive and won't give it up.
I've noticed when playing racing games and games that involve constant pressing of the D-Pad buttons have made my fingers and hands very sore too.

The lite will make you go blind. haha

I have larger hands, and my MK skin is tight. Phat FTW!

Plus I'm too cheap to upgrade when this one works perfectly well.

lite hands down

the brighter screen means that colours would show up on the lite that you couldnt even notice as well on the phat

it also looks soo much better because the L & R buttons look like theyre part of the system and not an add on

the phat was basically all the old gameboy ideas added to make a new 1 (same recharging cable as the sp; and the design is basically the same as mr game and watch) while the lite was something newer, smaller, and eventually the thing that made the ds outsell the psp (and have over 48million units world wide)

and people who said phat is better are just cheap b@sterds

I like the Lite better, but unfortunately I got the DS right when it came out, so I'm stuck with the phat one...

and people who said phat is better are just cheap b@sterds

No, we know what contentedness is, and we have perspective. There are other, more important *gasp* things than videogames. Like gas...and food... If my phat works just as well (and more comfortable to boot), i'm not gonna spend $150 on a lite.

Well I think the main advantage to the DS Lite is that it has a built in wireless card. I don't think the Classic DS does? If i'm wrong correct me but I need wireless because everywere I go has wireless and i'm getting the Ds browser if I do get the DS plus I love online games and imagine playing MP Hunters at starbucks lol

Of course the classic DS has a built in wireless card, or else that would be silly.

Back