Photography Thread

20 is a lot....the envy one could of been fun....but my ideas would of all looked more like 'lust' than envy...

Post results of the BnW series!

I'll be doing my photoshoot this Thursday if all goes to plan. Will post results if she allows.

LAWL. Fiiiine.

I post the ones shes approved so far:

3331270306_2909410e4f_b.jpg

3330190449_56a5746789_b.jpg

3333283230_71315a1c97_b.jpg

3331271460_470983b3da_b.jpg

Great looking photos. Love the fish-eye. (Of course) I also really like the other one where the guitar is visible, the lighting definitely does it for me, the other two are good, but the lighting is a bit intense for me. Ok question, on the bottom three is it gray tile, or is it the same tile from the top image, just desaturated? The patterns look very similar, thus my confusion. I think the neutral gray works quite well in keeping your focus on the girl.

As for the B&W project, it's now done, but I don't have the files on this computer. As soon as I get them and can upload them to one of my sites I'll post. Also as a sidebar, I'm wanting to start shooting some portraits so I can possibly get better at them and potentially set up shoots with friends, and maybe in the future...clients? :D Also need to get some money so I can get my hands on a nice DSLR, this P&S is working for now, but it will be quite stifling when I progress.

Last edited:
Ok question, on the bottom three is it gray tile, or is it the same tile from the top image, just desaturated?

I thought the same thing, but the tiles run at different angles, horizontally and diagonally. But of course the photo could have been taken at an angle.

Hmm now that you mention it, there are some blatant mistakes of desaturation in the final picture, you missed spots around the guitar and crossed edges on the walls and chick. Not good enough Deanis! :nono:

Other two pictures are fine.

Haha.... Photoshopped fellas..

The tiles were all fluoro green, but I had to desaturate them. They were too intense.

As for the mistakes, all I did was select the green colour, so their must of been some green reflection on her arm....easily fixed, I stilll have the RAW files.

I wont be using the fisheye shot tho. Apparently its not pro enough for an advertisement.... :(

I really need to get a copy of CS3 on this computer. Only being able to use PS at school is getting a bit inconvenient.

Here are some shots from earlier today.

Big images...

3363178531_b8729c2bb1_b.jpg

3363997008_781ffdeaaa_b.jpg

3363178117_f2f40d1513_b.jpg

3363996544_c83ec725f7_b.jpg

Last edited:
I quite like the one with the bee, well caught.

There are some that could do with a bit of photoshopping to improve the lighting. :thumbsup:

It's probably my computer, but I did shop them as best I could with the conditions I took them in. Wasn't ideal light for many of them.

Back