pissed off preorder

samer

WiiChat Member
Oct 11, 2006
Went to Eb games at 7:30 am today to wait in line for a nintendo wii. Turns out there was already 13 people there waiting in line. I would have been #14. At 10 AM the store manager comes out and says they'll only be getting 12 of them. That means I couldn't preorder a wii. After that I rushed over to another eb games only to see about 35 people in line. I didn't even bother. Now I have no idea how i'll get one on launch date. Either get one on ebay for like 500 or camp out at best buy. Both sound horrible. Any suggestions?

they told me that they will have wii systems available at launch (EB/gamestop) for sale to people who DID NOT preorder, however those are the people that are going to be camping out lol, best thing i would think is like you said... pay the 500+ dollars to get it on ebay or camp at ur local retailer :p sorry dude

Hahaha! Sucks SO hard for you Americans :p
Here (In Britain) I went in to my local GAME about 2 weeks after preorders started, and the close to guaranteed that I'd get it on launch day :D

Anywho, the worst you'll have to wait is 2/3/4/5/6 weeks, not TOOOOOOOO bad! *half sarcasm*

F.Y.E is taking preorder but not for the first shipment...avoid paying too much by going to them..i guess

ZeroG said:
Hahaha! Sucks SO hard for you Americans :p
Here (In Britain) I went in to my local GAME about 2 weeks after preorders started, and the close to guaranteed that I'd get it on launch day :D

Anywho, the worst you'll have to wait is 2/3/4/5/6 weeks, not TOOOOOOOO bad! *half sarcasm*
lol:lol: same thing in Norway :d heh...:sick:

You will be fine, just find a smaller retailer no one thinks of as game orientated. During the 360 meltdown, a freind of mine walked into Woolworths (UK store) no pre order, picked one up off the shelf walked to the till paid and had a 360 before most people with pre orders.

komio said:
they told me that they will have wii systems available at launch (EB/gamestop) for sale to people who DID NOT preorder, however those are the people that are going to be camping out lol, best thing i would think is like you said... pay the 500+ dollars to get it on ebay or camp at ur local retailer :p sorry dude

I pre-ordered, and I'm STILL camping out. xD

i don't look at it as dumb. I had $532 dollars in my paypal balance. There was no way for me to get it out of paypal as I don't have a bank account connected to it. I made the $532 dollars selling AIM screen names. For me, it's basically like i got the wii for free. I just hoped to save that paypal money for the games.

Well, now you know for next time I guess. They charge $1.79 and it take about a week and a half to get to you. Unless you live an hour away from the headquarters like me, then it take half a week.

Back