Pitfall Help needed

Sambo572

WiiChat Member
Jan 28, 2009
I am stuck in the Money Temple.

I have 45 seconds to stop the monkey who has "morphed" into Harry, but can not get the monkey nor the lady monkey to stop him.

Please advise what is the next step to get him stopped.

You need to use your "A" button to lunge at Harry. When you do it right, you'll grab him, and then the mother monkey will pummel him. You're going to have to repeat this four times.

How do you get past el dorado's gate?

That's the next level I need to play, so I can't help you there. It's the next-to-last level of the game, however, so if you went in there at some early stage, then you need to go back because it's not time to go there yet.

Thanks

Thanks for the assistance. I look forward to trying it out.

That's the next level I need to play, so I can't help you there. It's the next-to-last level of the game, however, so if you went in there at some early stage, then you need to go back because it's not time to go there yet.

I will confirm that I finished the game tonight. I simply walked right through the opening that leads to the Gates of El Dorado. If you can't do this, then you went the wrong way and need to backtrack. Look at where the red "X" is on the map to tell you where to go.

I don't know if you're still stuck as a monkey, but if you get even remotely close to Harry ... shake your remotes in tandem with pushing the A button ... this causes the baby monkey (you) to latch onto evil Harry. Then mama monkey knocks into him. Do it four times and you're free! =D

THANK YOU Baja!!! I have been trying to figure out how to 'tick off' the mother monkey for the last 45 mintues. I knew she was the key, I had the baby monkey lunging....but didn't put all the pieces together.

Thanks so Much!
I am sure that I will be back here checking up on a few things from time to time!
Cheers

Hey There;

I have been doing so well on my own, but I am stuck in the Turtle Monument. I stand on the button on the floor...how do I get it to stay down to smash the pot behind it? At one point I got stuck underneath the floor, and rolled right off the edge of the game into a pink abyss. :S

Hey There;

I have been doing so well on my own, but I am stuck in the Turtle Monument. I stand on the button on the floor...how do I get it to stay down to smash the pot behind it? At one point I got stuck underneath the floor, and rolled right off the edge of the game into a pink abyss. :S

When you enter that room, go around to the right behind the fallen pillars. There is an urn that has a Bush Ninja hiding behind it. Instead of killing him, you need to induce him to follow you so that HE stands on the button. As long as you face away from him, he'll creep along behind you. Once he stands on the button, he won't be able to get off. Then you can smash the urn behind the wall.

The other thing you need to find in that room is the more important in the scheme of the game, FWIW.

Thanks 1955
I found the "more important" thing in that room....but I just had to have whatever was in the shiny Urn. Now I can find out what it is!! :)
When I go back to there, I will have to remember not to kill ALL the natives!

I am currently struggling with the time limit in the native fortress...my fingers just don't move that fast! LOL

This is showing my age, but I used to play pitfall as a kid on my Atari! I have to admit it's a lot harder in 3D!

Haha Car! You're not the only one. Once upon a time, I remember playing this on Atari as well. ;) It took me two days to get out of the fortress. As daunting as it may seem ... it's all about coordination. I practiced getting from the left hand side tower to the right side tower, to the swinging vine for about 2 hours. Finally, I realized if you have killed all the natives and then swing ... ROLL under the gate ... it IS doable. I swear. lol

Right now, I'm stuck trying to kill the last Pusca battle. Oy! Whatta PITA!

Good luck!

Thanks 1955
I found the "more important" thing in that room....but I just had to have whatever was in the shiny Urn. Now I can find out what it is!! :)
When I go back to there, I will have to remember not to kill ALL the natives!

I am currently struggling with the time limit in the native fortress...my fingers just don't move that fast! LOL

This is showing my age, but I used to play pitfall as a kid on my Atari! I have to admit it's a lot harder in 3D!

I loved the old Atari Pitfall as well. That's why I got this one, because of all the good memories. I suppose it's not a spoiler to tell you that you have to play the original Atari Pitfall in this game in order to get one of the Idols!

The time limit you reference in the Renegade Fort was a massive nuisance the first time I went there. Took me an hour. The trick I found was not to waste time swinging back and forth on the first rope to gain speed. I face the rope before throwing the lever, then Heroic Dive to the rope, jump immediately on the first swing (I single-jump off it, then double-jump in mid-air) and then take it from there. Remember you can roll under the gate if needed.

If you're trying to collect all the Idols and Explorers (which you should), you'll have to repeat the Renegade Fort later. The Explorer in the next level can only be reached once you have TNT.

Right now, I'm stuck trying to kill the last Pusca battle. Oy! Whatta PITA!

Good luck!

I thought that was one of the easier battles. Remember that you can use all your Heroic Handbook abilities if needed; you can also hide somewhere and drink from your Canteen if you filled it at the Fire-Bombed Towers.

Back