Pitfall Help needed

Ahh - OK. Some of this is all running together for me now. I can't remember exactly what order I did things in. By the way - you mentioned the Mountain Sled being one of your favorite parts. I totally agree - I've played that section over and over just for fun.

I'm a penguin and I can't seem to knock him off the 3rd time I wait till he gets to the very top and I have hit him dead on twice and he doesn't fall off the ledge... because he is a slow penguin and this level is fun.. lol...Any advice?? Thanks

The penguin level is another one that drove me crazy. The first two times you have to kill "Harry" are easy, but the I found the third one the hardest, even harder than the fourth. You're right, you do need to let him get near the top, as that will make him fall back farther when he hits thre ground. The trick is you then have to just pounding him over and over head on. The second you get off center you might as well give up and let him start climbing the tower again. This one did take me quite a while to complete.

1995hoo - Any advice for getting through the underwater Mysterious Temple? I just keep drowning. Am I supposed to be able to swim through the spiked columns, or should I be looking for another way around? You can barely see what you're doing down there, which makes it especially hard. Thanks.

1995hoo - Any advice for getting through the underwater Mysterious Temple? I just keep drowning. Am I supposed to be able to swim through the spiked columns, or should I be looking for another way around? You can barely see what you're doing down there, which makes it especially hard. Thanks.

Max out your health points at Bittenbinder's Camp before you go in there. You have to go sort of through/under the spiky columns, then dodge the dead porcupines (if you hit one you'll see why). It's a fairly long underwater area, though not as disorienting as the Flooded Cave. I can't really remember any tips off the top of my head....I just blundered around in there until I found the way to the Altar of Ages.

That's strange. I've never even gotten to the dead porcupines yet. I can eventually make it through the spiky columns, then there are more of the falling stone tablets. That's as far as I can get. I either end up swimming in darkness until I somehow circle back to the spiky columns, or end up drowning by hitting so many of the tablets. I'll keep trying. Thanks.

OK I see now. I maxed out the brightness on my TV - so now I can see where I'm going. I haven't made it all the way through - (the swimming in this game drives me crazy), but I have at least made it to the dead porcupines. I'm sure I'll get the rest of the way through without drowning eventually. (BTW, I find those gulping/drowning sounds Harry makes kind of unsettling..)

OK I see now. I maxed out the brightness on my TV - so now I can see where I'm going. I haven't made it all the way through - (the swimming in this game drives me crazy), but I have at least made it to the dead porcupines. I'm sure I'll get the rest of the way through without drowning eventually. (BTW, I find those gulping/drowning sounds Harry makes kind of unsettling..)

Maxing out the brightness is a good idea for any underground level in this game. I discovered that the first time through the Mouth of Inti where you have to kick the stalactites to form a path.

Ok @ fire bombed towers can't seem to figure out how to get off the platform after the first jump... If anyone can help :)

Ok @ fire bombed towers can't seem to figure out how to get off the platform after the first jump... If anyone can help :)

This is the one where the flames are going around in a square? Use your Shield on the spiky columns, then jump from tower to tower. There is only one path across, although to get the Explorer you need to go back across the top from blimp to blimp and then use TNT.

Last edited:
Ahh - OK. Some of this is all running together for me now. I can't remember exactly what order I did things in. By the way - you mentioned the Mountain Sled being one of your favorite parts. I totally agree - I've played that section over and over just for fun.
I forgot to reply to this. I like the Mountain Sled Run so much that I have a game saved at the top of that level in case I want to play it. Too bad there isn't a Native Game involving that!

(Since you can save four different games, and since I'm the only person playing Pitfall on my Wii, it's easy for me to have an extra one saved like that.)

Just wanted to thank you for the advice on the renegade fort.

I got throug their and the headquarters, got the gas mask, and went to Bittendorf's Camp and made my way into the mountains. Past the penguins, but can not get into anywhere else.

My Question is what did I miss? The canyon lake does not have any alert as to what is stopping me, but it is frozen over.

Should I have gone a different way then back tracking?

Sorry to ask so many questions. Usually play till I figure it out, but I am at a loss here.

Please advise

Same here 1995hoo. I have the Mountain Sled Game saved as its own level in the saved games. It took me a while before I realized there's an alternate path you can take to get the idol.

Do you remember how to get out of the Flooded Cave? This is the one you enter by the poisonous plants at the camp. I get to some shafts of sunlight, which seem to lead the way out, but I'm not able to leave from there or find any further route to take.
Thanks.

Just wanted to thank you for the advice on the renegade fort.

I got throug their and the headquarters, got the gas mask, and went to Bittendorf's Camp and made my way into the mountains. Past the penguins, but can not get into anywhere else.

My Question is what did I miss? The canyon lake does not have any alert as to what is stopping me, but it is frozen over.

Should I have gone a different way then back tracking?

Sorry to ask so many questions. Usually play till I figure it out, but I am at a loss here.

Please advise

If I understand where you are, you made your way into White Valley and you found the entrance to Cavern Lake, but you can't get past the ice wall, correct? You need to kick a hole in the bottom of the wall and then roll through. Once you get through, you need to find that prat Leech and free him for the third time.

Back