Pitfall Wii Help

hemsbach

WiiChat Member
Jan 25, 2009
i got pitfall for wii but i cannot get past the gators 4 min into the game where i'm i going wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
i got pitfall for wii but i cannot get past the gators 4 min into the game where i'm i going wrong

We had a big Pitfall thread going that appears to have been lost since this site went down last week. Darn shame, as there was a lot of useful stuff in there. (It says this is my first post, but that's because my account apparently got lost when the site went down too.)

Anyway, swim to the island. Then you need to use the backs of the crocodiles to get across the water. There is an Idol to your right. Double-jump to the first croc, then hurry across his back and double-jump to the next croc, hurry across his back, and double-jump to the shoreline. Get the Idol and swim back to the island, then jump to the green box, double-jump to the crocodile, hurry across his back, and double-jump to the far shore.

If you take too long to get off the croc's back, he'll grab you in his jaws. The game will tell you how to escape this.

I can't get anywhere now. I need a pickax, gas mask, or tnt to get anywhere. Can anyone help!!!!!

I can't get anywhere now. I need a pickax, gas mask, or tnt to get anywhere. Can anyone help!!!!!

Where are you and how long have you been playing? It's hard to offer help without knowing where in the game you are. Look at the map and post the name of the level where you're currently located and describe what you're trying to do.

I just finished the game tonight, so I will offer a general set of tips:

(1) If the game won't let you go somewhere because you need an item you don't have yet, it means that you're not supposed to go there until later in the game. Pitfall seems very free-form (sort of like playing D&D, if you ever did that), but it's not—there's a definite route you need to follow. If you can't enter an area because you don't have an item, explore around the level to find another way out, and if you can't find one, backtrack and try another route.

The Pickaxes, Gas Mask, etc., are not things you'll just stumble upon. You'll receive them as you progress through the game.

(2) Following on that last sentence, it's a good idea to explore all over a level as much as you can when you enter it. You can find Idols and Explorers and Shamans in various out-of-the-way locations. These are important to get because you'll need the extra health later.

(3) Everything in this game is there for a reason. If you see some boxes that appear to serve no purpose, climb on them anyway, or try to kick them out of the way. Odds are you'll find something.

(4) Save the game every time you enter a new level. That way if you really screw up, it's easy to resume where you left off. (Remember a save only saves the game as it was when you entered a level, so if you're most of the way through a level, you'll want to try to finish it before saving again.) If you're the only person using your copy of Pitfall, you might try keeping two saves, since there are four possible slots in which to save.

(5) When you do receive an item (such as the Sling), expect to use it immediately.

Last edited:
I am just wandering around, I have been to flooded courtyard,monkey temple,twin outpost, burning outpost, fire bombed towers, battered bridge and mama oullo tower and everywhere before this. It seems like all the boards I can find going off of these needs something I don't have. Any idea what I am missing? I'm sure it is probably something obvious.

I am just wandering around, I have been to flooded courtyard,monkey temple,twin outpost, burning outpost, fire bombed towers, battered bridge and mama oullo tower and everywhere before this. It seems like all the boards I can find going off of these needs something I don't have. Any idea what I am missing? I'm sure it is probably something obvious.

If you've been to the Flooded Courtyard and Monkey Temple, then you have the Rising Strike, the Sling, the Torch, and the Heroic Dash. If you've been to the Twin Outposts, then you went the right way after leaving the Monkey Temple, but it sounds like you got lost somewhere (the Fire-Bombed Towers is the next-to-last level of the game).

Try going back to the Twin Outposts, then pass through both halves of that level to go to the Turtle Monument. That's where you get the next special ability you need. I won't tell you where to find it (yet), but I will repeat the advice that you investigate everywhere on a level when you get there, including cave openings and the like. Be prepared to use your Heroic Dash to avoid the monkeys on that level if you don't want to get beaten up. If you pass through the Turtle Monument without getting the special ability, then you need to go back and find it.

The Turtle Monument is the hub, so to speak, of the Native Jungle levels.

Okay this is where my problem is I guess. The only board I can find leading from twin outpost is the bridge to flooded courtyard and a ladder into water that leads to burning courtyard. Thanks for your help I will search for another exit from there. Also do you know is there any way to reach a broken ladder?

Okay this is where my problem is I guess. The only board I can find leading from twin outpost is the bridge to flooded courtyard and a ladder into water that leads to burning courtyard. Thanks for your help I will search for another exit from there. Also do you know is there any way to reach a broken ladder?

The burning courtyard is the second half of the Twin Outposts level. From the first half (the native encampment, for lack of a better term) swim through the underground water to the second half (the burning courtyard). You need to do a Rising Strike onto the broken ladder that's across the lava behind the tree. It's a little tricky because you have to align yourself just so. Took me around 45 minutes and much cursing to get through there the first time.

OK Thanks for your help! I got into the turtle board. Hopefully I can play for a while and not get stumped again.

OK Thanks for your help! I got into the turtle board. Hopefully I can play for a while and not get stumped again.

Remember that the Turtle Monument is an important level, so make a point of not leaving until you get that special ability. (There's also an Explorer, two Idols, and a Shaman. But the special ability is the most important thing.)

Good luck!

Okay stumped again! I have been doing well, I have everything except the tnt and pick axes. Now I am stuck at the abandoned cavern. There are like 4 ladders going down then at the bottom a hole that does nothing that I can figure out. Also at the 2nd ladder there is healing water and I can see things across from there but can figure no way out of here, it looks like netted boxes moving in the air but I haven't been able to grab or do anything with them. Any suggestions on what I am missing. Thanks !!

okay never mind i see the way. now i am at the scorpion temple and am trying to get my body back, kinda tricky.

Okay stumped again! I have been doing well, I have everything except the tnt and pick axes. Now I am stuck at the abandoned cavern. There are like 4 ladders going down then at the bottom a hole that does nothing that I can figure out. ....

At one point in the Abandoned Cavern there is a hole in the middle of what looks like quicksand. You need to go down that hole at some point to see what's there.

Thanks, I actually went in the quicksand today, I knew right away where I would come out. Any suggestions how to get out of here, is it the broken ladder I keep trying but can't reach it. I have done everything in this area I need to, I think, I got my pick axes and the explorer and a couple idols not the one above the eyeball room though. Thanks for all your help!!

Thanks, I actually went in the quicksand today, I knew right away where I would come out. Any suggestions how to get out of here, is it the broken ladder I keep trying but can't reach it. I have done everything in this area I need to, I think, I got my pick axes and the explorer and a couple idols not the one above the eyeball room though. Thanks for all your help!!

You're going back through the Abandoned Cavern, I take it? To get out of the Abandoned Cavern,
look for the conveyor belt near the two moving cargo nets (that is, not the one with the rock that smashes up and down; it's the other one). Use your Heroic Dive multiple times to go to the far end and then jump onto the twisted metal platform to your right. There is a series of platforms and ropes that go really high up. Hop and swing across these (use the camera to look down when you reach the ones after the ropes) and you'll come to the exit back to the Underground Dam.

The Abandoned Cavern is a good example of a rule of thumb I follow with this game: Almost everything is there for a reason and will be useful to you at some point.

(If you are serious about collecting all the Idols and visiting all the Shamans, you'll be back here later after you have TNT.)

Last edited:
Back