Pitfall Wii Help

I am stuck in the Great Tree. I jumped up the ledges but I can't get the vine. I fall short everytime. Is there something else I need to do first or a trick to get it?

No particular tricks to that level. Getting the Idol is a bit of an annoyance, but otherwise, it's just a case of climbing on up and finding the way to the next level.

The NEXT level is the one that will make you cuss.

I'm at the Gates of El Dorado, I've beat up the 3 guys throwing TNT, and now nothing! What do I do now? and where do I get TNT cos I already tried jumping across the blimps and can see the explorer but have read on here that I need TNT to free him and still don't have

I'm at the Gates of El Dorado, I've beat up the 3 guys throwing TNT, and now nothing! What do I do now? and where do I get TNT cos I already tried jumping across the blimps and can see the explorer but have read on here that I need TNT to free him and still don't have

You went the wrong way. That's the next-to-last level of the game. You'll have to go back the way you came and come back later. Look at the map to see where you need to go.

Apart from getting the hump, what am i supposed to be doing in the crystal cavern?Also where do I get TNT from as I'm finding more and more things I need it for and still don't have it

Apart from getting the hump, what am i supposed to be doing in the crystal cavern?Also where do I get TNT from as I'm finding more and more things I need it for and still don't have it
I'm not sure what you mean by "the hump," but anyway, TNT is the last item you'll be given and you still have a ways to go (and one other item to receive) before you get the TNT.

In the Crystal Cavern, there is an Idol and also a Shaman, but you can't get either one until you have TNT. Go through the cavern and make sure you use the Healing Spring at the far end before you enter the big open area to the right. You'll see why when you get there. Once you pass the level, continue on to the next one. The most important part of the caverns comes two levels after the Crystal Cavern.

"the hump" - as in Fed up with going round in circles adn falling off so keep starting again, and not seeming to get anywhere

"the hump" - as in Fed up with going round in circles adn falling off so keep starting again, and not seeming to get anywhere
It's been a while since I've played Pitfall, but let me see if I recall the route through that level. It helps to have your Torch lit and your TV brightness turned up.

From the entrance, go to your left and go across the metal platforms until you see a rope to your right. Jump to the rope and swing to the next one to your right, then again to the next one to your left. The ropes lead you across to a metal platform on the far side of the cavern and somewhat to your left. Go across this platform and then look left for another rope. Jump to it, then swing to the next rope that is to your right, then jump to the platforms on the far side (back on the side you would have been on had you not had to use the ropes, only much further along the wall). At this point as I recall you can see the Healing Spring up ahead. Use it and fill your Canteen, then go into the brighter open area to your right and see what happens.

If you have trouble making a jump, note that you can single-jump from a rope, then as Harry reaches the apex of his jump you can single-jump again in mid-air. It sometimes helps with longer jumps to do this.

What is so annoying about the Crystal Cavern is that because you need TNT to get the Idol and the Shaman, you'll have to come back here again later.

1995 cheers for your advice, i'm back in the abandon cavern at the moment (must remember to save!!) can I or do I need to get on the swinging nets to complete this stage

1995 cheers for your advice, i'm back in the abandon cavern at the moment (must remember to save!!) can I or do I need to get on the swinging nets to complete this stage

Do you mean those nets holding boxes that move across the area back when you first came in from the Underground Dam? You cannot get onto those nets.

I recommend that every time you enter a new level, you immediately save the game just so that you don't have to go through a level over again if you have to stop before you make it through somewhere (consider the Renegade Fort....). If you're the only person playing your copy of Pitfall, you might even use two of the save locations so that you have a fallback if you really get turned around somewhere.

Last edited:
I am completely at my wits end with this game. I am in the Renegade Fort and cannot make it to the gate in time. By the time I get turned around to grab the rope, if I can even make it, I get to the gate just as it closes. Its almost like there's not enough time to line yourself up. How has everyone else made it??? I'm sooooo frustrated. Half the time after I flip the level, I can't even make it back on the rope. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am completely at my wits end with this game. I am in the Renegade Fort and cannot make it to the gate in time. By the time I get turned around to grab the rope, if I can even make it, I get to the gate just as it closes. Its almost like there's not enough time to line yourself up. How has everyone else made it??? I'm sooooo frustrated. Half the time after I flip the level, I can't even make it back on the rope. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That level is a pain in the arse and it took me at least 90 minutes the first time I played it. This is what I do:

(1) Kill all the natives before going over to the lever. That way they're out of the way for the final step.

(2) Get up on the platform where the lever is. Turn around to face the direction in which you will have to jump.

(3) Throw the lever and immediately Heroic Dive to the rope.

(4) DO NOT waste time swinging back and forth or sliding up and down—SINGLE-JUMP immediately when you're at the far end of the first swing. Then SINGLE-JUMP again in mid-air. Harry should grab the edge of the platform and pull himself up.

(5) Jump your way across the platforms and jump to the next rope.

(6) Rotate around and jump to the gate.

(7) Roll under the gate if it's nearing the bottom.

Just in case you're not having enough fun with the Renegade Fort now, I suppose it's not too much of a spoiler to say that there is an Explorer on the next level, but you cannot reach him until you have TNT. That means coming back at some point and doing all this again!

(Incidentally, there is a Shaman at the Renegade Fort who can be a bit tricky to find.)

stuck in first level, please help

I am not much of a gamer, but just got this game for my kid. I'm trying to figure the first level out, but am now completely stuck. I beat the jaguar at the beginning, jumped over the holes with the teeth (and grabbed the first idol), kicked the plane door down and freed the explorer (got another idol), jumped on the block and croc to go through and swing to the first chaman (bought some extra health). However, I have reached a point where everywhere I go, I need something to proceed (torch at the spider web, tnt to blow a wall up, raft for electric water, rising strike to get up the wall by the holes with teeth. I don't even have the slingshot, and can't get find anywhere else to go. I have done a bunch of reading where I am supposed to go to Bittenbinders camp and he'll give me a slingshot, or I should go save Nicole, etc., but I simply can't figure out anywhere else to go. Please help!

I am not much of a gamer, but just got this game for my kid. I'm trying to figure the first level out, but am now completely stuck. I beat the jaguar at the beginning, jumped over the holes with the teeth (and grabbed the first idol), kicked the plane door down and freed the explorer (got another idol), jumped on the block and croc to go through and swing to the first chaman (bought some extra health). However, I have reached a point where everywhere I go, I need something to proceed (torch at the spider web, tnt to blow a wall up, raft for electric water, rising strike to get up the wall by the holes with teeth. I don't even have the slingshot, and can't get find anywhere else to go. I have done a bunch of reading where I am supposed to go to Bittenbinders camp and he'll give me a slingshot, or I should go save Nicole, etc., but I simply can't figure out anywhere else to go. Please help!
If you keep running into areas where you need the Raft or the TNT or some such, it means you have to find another way out. I'm guessing you swam under the waterfall and found the electric water and so went back and then found the way to the Shaman. The only TNT reference around there is after the Shaman when you swing across the two vines and then you go to the right. If you found a spider web, it sounds as though you reached the Punchau Shrine, as that is the first place where you find a spider web that requires the Torch.

Since you didn't post which level you're on, I'm going to guess you're stuck at the Punchau Shrine from your description—you can confirm that by looking at the map. This is the level where you go through the dark area with the pointy stakes that stick out from the wall and then the area with the crumbling floor that's reminiscent of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. There is an open courtyard with three button-like things you can jump on, and after that there is a dark room with a spider web on the far end. This is what you do:
Go back out and jump on the three buttons (do this in order starting with the one furthest from the room with the spider web, and wait for each button to go all the way down before going to the next). Once all three are all the way down, run ahead into the room with the spider web. The buttons will have raised up three platforms from the floor and you have to jump up to each one, then jump up to the exit from that room. If you don't make it, go back out to the buttons and try again.

I'll let you figure out where to go once you get past that point because there is only one way to go. Incidentally,
that spider web is blocking access to the room where you play the original Atari VCS Pitfall game. At some point you need to come back and play that after you get the Torch, as you get an Idol if you make it far enough in that game

Back