Planning to camp out for Wii Dec 17, need tips

wongasta

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Hello, I'm new to this forum!

Anyway I have to admit I'm a inexperienced console buyer... In fact Wii will be my second console. I'm mainly a PC Gamer, stereotypical console hater, but I see Wii as a revolutionary console, so I just want have some fun with it. I currently live in Houston, Texas USA. I have few questions regarding how to buy a Wii...

I heard Wii will be restocking everywhere by Dec 17, if that is true I'll camp out in Target, Toy R Us, Wal Mart... etc...

1) If I bought Wii at retail store, will it be around $250?
2) At what time should I go camp out? At what time will I expected to get a Wii?
3) Which retail store is the best?
4) About how many Wiis each store will have? Should I be in top 10? top 20? 30 in line for it?
5) Is is possible to pre-order a Wii... or camping is the only option right now...

Also please give me any tips regarding how to buy a Wii at retail price, even if come to camping... But I don't want camp more than one night.

If your getting it at a retail store, its gonna be 249.99, however beware of Toys R Us, there is a lot going around that they force you to buy it with a game, the one included doesnt count.

My tip is don't drink any fluids if your gonna be camping out. I had fun watching people trying to hold it in.

You won't need to camp more than one night, probably not even have too. It depends on your area, since you live in a large city, maybe 2 or 3?

two or three hours 0.o?

wow are you sure? i heard horrible stories about how ppl bring sleeping bags and wake up and didnt even get it.

1. Yes the Wii retails at $250
2. & 3. When i bought my Wii i got up at 6:00 AM and went to the Best Buy on Highway 6 and Westheimer on the west side of Houston.
4. Best Buy have 40 and i was number 24 in line. To be safe I would make sure i was in the top 30.
5. I don't think you can order a Wii yet but you can check Target.com ,ect..

Tips/

Wear warm clothes. I didn't have pants... :shocked:
Bring a Folding Chair
Bring something to do (ie A Nintendo DS, or in my case a Chemistry Book.)
Try to get someone like a friend to come with you so you have someone to talk to if you end up getting stuck next to some creepy old guy that smells funny.:crazy:

wow thanks! this is great... I'm having some hopes of getting a Wii for this chrismas!

so at Dec 17... this is what I'll do

1) Day before 17, call my retailer, ask how many in stock and find out when store open.
2) if store open at 8, get up around 5/6 and get there.
3) stay if i'm first 40 in line...
4) get a chair and stuff... make sure get money etc... uhh lol

wongasta said:
wow thanks! this is great... I'm having some hopes of getting a Wii for this chrismas!

so at Dec 17... this is what I'll do

1) Day before 17, call my retailer, ask how many in stock and find out when store open.
2) if store open at 8, get up around 5/6 and get there.
3) stay if i'm first 40 in line...
4) get a chair and stuff... make sure get money etc... uhh lol

When calling the day before, call right when they're about to close.

so... it is generally agreed to camp 3-4 hours before it come?

or day before?

wongasta said:
so... it is generally agreed to camp 3-4 hours before it come?

or day before?

I meant like 2 or 3 in the morning. lol. But whatever its up to you.

I say that because I don't know how big cities work in this types of situations.

so the bigger the city, more chance u'll get it. and also less the wait?

my friend told me he waited at 3AM, 24 in line. total of 102 units... wow

Back