Planning to camp out for Wii Dec 17, need tips

i would wait 5 hr most, but ill prob wait 4 hrs. i hope i do get mine

I had a post on here somewhere describing my experience waiting in line @ WalMart. Seems to have mysteriously disappeared (the entire thread.)

Boils down to this....everyone seems to think 5am is a good time (that's "EARLY" for most people.) Many will realize this and show up before 5am (4am-5am.) My suggestion is to be one of the 4am ppl or a bit earlier.

From 12am to 4am, honestly most ppl are sleeping. If they didn't come before midnight, they'll probably come after 4am.

I'm probably going to go to Target at like...2 or 3 am this Sunday morning. :lol: I'll have my mangas to read, music, and heat in my car..while keeping watch to see if any others show up. I don't care if people think I'm crazy. I just want the hunt to end and sacrificing sleep is fine with me.

I don't think I have anything to worry about...the PS3 seekers line last Sunday was very small...of about five. I just hope the Wii line is the same...but I doubt it will be. I always have a fall back plan anyway! Best Buy!

I just have this gut feeling I should go even earlier though...hmmm...

I waited 12 hours (10pm - 8am) at a Target which had 42 Wii's on launch day. Needless to say I was 3rd in line and people who get there around 6am did not get one. Anyhow, like others have mentioned, warm clothes, sleeping bag, blankets, chairs, and some sort of entertainment. I had 4 other friends with me, so it was fun and time went fast. Good luck!

I got lucky. I was there 10 minutes before opening time ( in reality 70 minutes, but they decided to open 1 hour earlier that day) and I was ALONE!!!!:yikes: I was the first client to enter the store, the first to get the Wii and the first client to check out...... Gosh.... maybe I should play with the lottery.... maybe I will get lucky again!!!!:yesnod:

Last edited:
I think waiting for mine for a long period of time will make me appreciate it that much more. :yesnod:

hehe i got mines by luck i was at gamestop waiting in line to buy a xbox 360 for my son wen the guy in front of me was returning somthing and wat did pull out of the bag it was a wii i was like ohh yeah babby that **** is mines lol so i got the wii for me and the 360 for my son lol.. the guy that was working asked why he was returning it and he said his son didnt like it he has a ps3 lol i was laughing in mind =-)

Zachiri said:
I think waiting for mine for a long period of time will make me appreciate it that much more. :yesnod:

mmmmhhhh....... You will loose time to play it...... First get... first play!

:wink:

I hope you don´t refer also to playing the lottery... I mean.. I rather have my millions of Euros next friday than in 20 years......:wink:

rtr1900 said:
mmmmhhhh....... You will loose time to play it...... First get... first play!

:wink:

I hope you don´t refer also to playing the lottery... I mean.. I rather have my millions of Euros next friday than in 20 years......:wink:

Think he means waiting in line.

Geckotek said:
Think he means waiting in line.

I know, but in a previous message (page 2) I referred that maybe I should play with the lottery as i was so lucky being the first and only customer.....:wink:

Back