Planning to camp out for Wii Dec 17, need tips

rtr1900 said:
mmmmhhhh....... You will loose time to play it...... First get... first play!

:wink:

I hope you don´t refer also to playing the lottery... I mean.. I rather have my millions of Euros next friday than in 20 years......:wink:

I don't think I'll even have to deal with a line...lol

and NO WAY about the lottery...that's the game I wouldn't want to wait to win...just win now, lol. :smilewinkgrin:

nizmoboy98 said:
hehe i got mines by luck i was at gamestop waiting in line to buy a xbox 360 for my son wen the guy in front of me was returning somthing and wat did pull out of the bag it was a wii i was like ohh yeah babby that **** is mines lol so i got the wii for me and the 360 for my son lol.. the guy that was working asked why he was returning it and he said his son didnt like it he has a ps3 lol i was laughing in mind =-)

omg lucky!!! ps3 fanboys.. literally

well on lauch i stood in line at 2am and i was 118 in line.. good thing i knew they were getting 210! i got lucky :p so ya get there wayyy b4 they open

nah i'm not gonna camp.. im just gonna go lik 3-4 hours early

wongasta said:
i'm still undecided how long to wait...

some of you waited for like 8 hours, while some waited for only 4 hours... errr

on DEC 3 i got at target at 6:20 and was number 5 out of 6 wii's.

At 7 the manager passed out vouchers. I advise you be there at 6 sharp

I'm camping out Early Sunday, morning.
still, have to call my local best buy. about when it opens and such, but i'm sure im fine if i get there at midnight.

but you think, if my city is a college city, it will be too late?

1) Yeah, about that much.
2) Well, I camped out at walmart (US launch) and I got there 14 hours in advanced and was 5th in line.
3) Probly a normal retail store cause the game stores would mosst likely be packed.
4) I would guess 15-30
5) I don't think you can pre order anywhere right now.

And another tip - If you do camp out, bring a chair, lol

Here in Texas, where retail stores are the only thing blocking gigantic churches out of the landscape, people seem to not have to wait as long, because there's a best buy, wal mart, and circuit city in any place with more than 10,000 people.
I was two hours early, and was 23 out of 27. Here in the Dallas area, most people seem to be successful waiting 3-4 hours.
However, I don't know how this weekend will be. Although many devoted gamers already have the system, it's also close to christmas, so gift buyers may be getting desperate.

wongasta said:
Hello, I'm new to this forum!

Anyway I have to admit I'm a inexperienced console buyer... In fact Wii will be my second console. I'm mainly a PC Gamer, stereotypical console hater, but I see Wii as a revolutionary console, so I just want have some fun with it. I currently live in Houston, Texas USA. I have few questions regarding how to buy a Wii...

I heard Wii will be restocking everywhere by Dec 17, if that is true I'll camp out in Target, Toy R Us, Wal Mart... etc...

1) If I bought Wii at retail store, will it be around $250?
2) At what time should I go camp out? At what time will I expected to get a Wii?
3) Which retail store is the best?
4) About how many Wiis each store will have? Should I be in top 10? top 20? 30 in line for it?
5) Is is possible to pre-order a Wii... or camping is the only option right now...

Also please give me any tips regarding how to buy a Wii at retail price, even if come to camping... But I don't want camp more than one night.

1. Yes
2. Go at least 6 or 7 hours before the store opens, you'll get the Wii when the store opens if you're successful.
3. They're all equal in this case.
4. My Target is getting 50, so anywhere from 10-100 i'd say..
5. No it is not possible to pre-order a Wii.

I would not compare this to launch day at all. Launch day all stores had it and everyone knew it. If you have the lowdown on a particular store getting stock, you have a jump on the average person. All of this waiting in line 14 hours ahead of time is not necessary.

The number of Wiis per store will vary greatly from store to store and from town to town. The WalMart I waited @ had 9. The one on the other side of town had 30.

You can't "pre-order." That is for "pre-launch."

I saw in another thread that wongsta said he got a Wii today, he saw some nutjob returning his wii.

Canadian's CHECK BLOCKBUSTER....just whent there they get shipments every wendesday or tuesday...just there and they had 14 in back...you just have to ask(london ontario)

Bring something to keep you occupied, like a hackysack or a soccerball, lol, I had a portable dvdplayer and watched family guy for a while too :D

Back