Plastic Surgery, Lifts, Liposuction, etc.

Gikoku Harakami

ミュージック
Oct 25, 2007
どこかに日本でか。
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
We know what they are and what they do, but what is your opinion on the subject?

Are you completely against the use of this and feel it's wrong? Society can be cruel, but would you succumb enough to the negative feedback of your appearance to fix your "flaws"? Many celebrities have had cosmetic surgical procedures done on them (usually mild changes), while others go beyond the limit for personal perfection.

jocelynwildenstein.jpg

Let's say you finally become a parent, your baby is now born but you realize it is now the victim of facial deformity. Would you opt for cosmetic surgery so the child does not have to suffer a life of inevitable insults and criticism? While facial reconstruction and body modifications can offer improvements, it also has risks.. some, even life threatening (such as death from a poorly done liposuction or body lift).

If you have the money and the means, why not? Its your own body, if you want to make it look better the what's bad about that?

I see no problem with it (no reason to stop people from doing it) but it is possible to go a little over the top with it.
Humongous%20Hooters%20Picture%207.jpg

Yeah, it's photoshopped, but you get the point...

If there's no need for it, why do it? I understand that some people want to get rid of deformities and stuff like that, but beyond that, there's just no point.

I don't see a problem with it. Its when people get addicted to it that it becomes a problem. You have to draw a line somewhere.

I think if plastic surgery is used to 'refresh' a face, its no biggie. If its used to completely transform a face (eg. Michael Jackson). Its obviously become a problem.

As one celebrity once said."Damned if you do it, damned if you dont".
ie. You get slammed for doing plastic surgery, but you get just as slammed for looking like an old hag...

I don't mind it at all. What people decide to do is their business.

Again, it doesn't bother me, but I'm personally against the use of it for appearance, though. I feel the best policy is to appeciate ourselves for what we are and live above social pressures. Just because it that undertaking can seem unbearable for many doesn't make the reality change. Granted, fake boobs can still make a woman look hot, but is it the best way for someone to personally achieve a healthy self-esteem? Ultimately, I wouldn't think so.

But it's not like I'm going to re-evaluate someone just because he/she went through surgery. We are human, after all; none of us are perfect in our decisions and it would be nonsensical for me to expect anyone to be that way. I just think it's more empowering if someone can be happy in their own skin, so to speak.

Last edited:
I don't mind it at all, but I'm personally against the use of it for appearance. I feel the best policy is to appeciate ourselves for what we are and live above social pressures. Granted, fake boobs can still make a woman look hot, but is it the best way for someone to achieve healthy self-esteem? I don't think so.

But it's not like I'm going to re-evaluate someone just because he/she went through surgery. We are human, after all; none of us are perfect in our decisions. I just think it's more empowering if someone can be happy in their own skin, so to speak.

I would definitely re-think Emma if she decided to get a boob job.

Fixing cleft palates

571px-13900470_3PREOPERATION0.jpg

and burns and such are okay, and if people have the money, hey, okay.

I do think that people who want liposuctions and such should be forced to lose weight naturally first, and beauty pageant winners shouldn't be modified in any surgical manner.

I would definitely re-think Emma if she decided to get a boob job.

Well, what I was getting at is that I wouldn't have some kind of discriminatory attitude just because someone I know suddenly went through surgery.

EDIT: As for that cleft plate thing, that's a good point. I think I would also consider deformities or conditions as a different matter entirely, and something I would find okay.

ie. You get slammed for doing plastic surgery, but you get just as slammed for looking like an old hag...

Yeah, social norms can be contridictory like that, which is why they aren't worth taking seriously, in my opinon. I mean, who cares if you look like an old hag if you're content with it? If anything, the phrase reaffirms that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, even in the midst of plastic surgery trends that many have depended on to claim that it is not. Oh, the irony.

Last edited:
I like being a ugly sod.
Be happy with who you are and all that shite

Sure it should be everyone's right to do whatever they want to their appearance. However I do find those who have had facial plastic surgery very unattractive, especially those who have had face lifts. It's not such much that they turn ugly, but I hate the fake plastic look it gives them.

I think it's a waste of money, and I will choose to re-evaluate someone if they choose to have plastic surgery. I think it's okay if it's reconstructive surgery. I think it's an extreme to go through if you just want to make yourself look better, it's not like you're getting a haircut. I'm sure getting a buttload of icecream would make you happier for the cost of it.

I think liposuction is a terrible thing. Fat people are perfectly able to get rid of the weight themselves. To even get the surgery, you have to lose more weight to get it. I don't see what's wrong with going the whole way. I don't have sympathy for you if think surgery is the only option to lose weight, you're clearly just doing it wrong. Seriously, there's nothing stopping fat people from just not eating as much crap as they do. They can control it. Someone can't control whether they have a cleft palate or not. Of course, if you let yourself get that fat there's some mental issues you're not looking at, but surgery won't help you that much. Really, if they really want it, they can do it. What's wrong with that? :/

I think boob jobs are stupid unless you have like an A or something. I wouldn't want anyone to get one if they were anything other than that. I'm all for reductions, because bigger boobs obviously have their problems, but going bigger is just a signpost saying that you want people to oggle you all day. I'm severely annoyed if married women get it done and then complain that their husband is too jealous of the attention she's getting, but even more so if the husband makes the wife get it. It's pointless when you're in a relationship.

So, yeah.

Exactly, and well said Bio.

Depending on the situation at hand will I be bothered by the use of it. For example, if you happen to be someone who chooses to get plastic surgery because everyone makes fun of you, then I would say that's a poor excuse. However, if you were the victim of a terrible car accident, or say you were shot in the face with a shotgun (and survived).. then I can accept the use of facial reconstruction.

What many don't realize is that you can look younger and healthier if you simply just take care of yourself and live a healthy lifestyle. But the media has many believing that the only way to look beautiful once you get past 35 is to take all these countless skin-care products, cosmetic surgery, botox, etc. There are students in my martial arts class (male & female) who are in their 50s to 70s, and yet they each look 20 to 30 years younger from simply living a healthy lifestyle.

Sixty said:
I think liposuction is a terrible thing. Fat people are perfectly able to get rid of the weight themselves.

Not true. Yes, there are alot of fat people who are fat due to laziness and over-eating, but there are people who have gotten uncontrollably fat from diseases, and cannot lose the weight naturally through exercise & diet due to other health issues and disabilities. In which case, I can see the use of liposuction not being a terrible decision if the person is aware of and understands the risks.

I will agree though that liposuction is definitely not a shortcut one should take if they are capable of diet & exercise.

If someone wants to go through with the surgery, whatever. I know a few people who have. Can you blame them for their decision though? People today are assholes. We all have our little problems but some people get harassed worse than others. I knew this one girl who got made fun of all the time for her ears. It happened all the time and finally she snapped from it and got "new ears?" I guess you could call it that. Btw, this girl was very good looking even before the surgery.

So what about that? Plastic surgery for people who are harassed a lot, but really they don't look that bad.

Back