Plastic Surgery

Frogger

God Complex
Feb 16, 2007
Liverpool, UK
Wii Online Code
9156-1265-6763-2556
Yeah, I'm really getting bored of some of these forum threads now, and Adam's ran away from me to pick up his sister, and that all my pretty religion and smoking threads have died. But we're all civlised people, right? I'm sure we can have a debaaate...

I'm not talking about surgery if it's sort of necessary, like when someone has totally been deformed in an accident or something. I'm talking about the surgery that celebrities have and such for really, no reason that I can see. The likes of botox and such, I simply don't see the point in fighting age when it happens to everyone, and will make you look quite awkward when you stand against your partner...

Does anyone really find this attractive at all? Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. :p

And what really annoys me is that you can get free plastic surgery on the NHS if you explain to the doctor you're completely loopy without it, of course they'll put you on a three year waiting list or something, but I really don't see the point. Well that's the British for you.

I want opinions, whee!

I'd rather have something to talk about in the Lounge rather than having people post links to random articles or YouTube videos. But this will probably end up being locked...

I support just about anything that changes your physical being. I know I'm not going to do any of it, but I can understand people that do. Sometimes your outside doesn't do your inside justice, and people judge you before they get to the good part, ya know? I can understand why people would look into surgeries like this.

...I'm really not here.

I know what you mean about the lack of threads like this, lately every other topic seems to be another Youtube video which is quickly closed by the mods. I do like a good debate, as long as everyone's sensible about it. Anyway, onto my views:

I can't see the point in having plastic surgery for purely shallow, cosmetic reasons, and I find people who've been "enhanced" to generally be rather unattractive. It certainly shouldn't be given away on the NHS when there's more important things they should be dealing with. However, I don't care if they do it on private health care, since it's their money (and possibly health) to waste.

I think it is the choice of the person. Personally, some people get addicted and go WAY over the top (Wacko Jacko).

I know it sounds shallow, but some of the women who have had it are far more attractive than how they were before.

In my opinion, this goes much further than 'being shallow.'

The people that go over the top with plastic surgery are the stereotype. From these responses, I think you guys would be surprised to see how many people have had the surgery, and how many people look great because of it.

I just don't like people calling others out because they want to change their appearance. Does putting on make up make all girls shallow? I like to think of it more as 'evening up the score.'

Sometimes it makes women look a hell of alot better
However, I don't think it's needed really

it is sad that movie stars are put under such pressure that they must have it done. and that then makes people the look up to them want it done..

Plastic surgery can't necessarily be dismissed as shallow.

For instance, some people age prematurely. I know a 25 year old girl who is beautiful with a gorgeous body, but has deep laugh lines on her face. It makes her look 30+. Wrong to get botox? Hell no. Those lines came way too early and make her age deceiving. She is debilitatingly self conscious about it and it's something that can quickly and easily be fixed.

If you're 70, with a face so tight you can't show facial emotion...that's where said surgery gets superficial. Give it up, you are aging...and that's okay.

If you are truly lacking confidence in yourself due to an obvious physical imperfection, and there's a large chance of improving your self image if you fix it...I don't view that as wrong. At all. It's the frivolous surgery like delaying the aging process in your 70s+, or breast implants as large as Jordan's and Pamela Anderson's, that are to be frowned upon in my opinion.

As for whether I find it attractive...OF COURSE there will be times when people look much better after cosmetic surgery.

Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen's rhinoplasty:
a9398i0_Mary-Kate-and-Ashley-Olsen.gif

And times where it's unfortunate and unattractive:

Hilary Duff's dental implants:
duff22mh.jpg

TO
hduffafterweb9be.jpg

JACK, YOU'RE SHALLOW ABOUT YOUR NOSE JOB

I mean...what? Generic you say?

Girls don't need any surgery. God made you that way, keep it.

Back