Play ANY media file on Wii

El Jefe

Wii-Man
Jan 8, 2007
Iowa
Wii Online Code
8349-6458-1513-1947
Mycast.orb.com

Okay according to IGN, the above website is a company working with the Opera browser to allow you to play ANY media file on your Wii through the Opera broswer. This is how it supposedly works. You goto the above address on your PC (PC only, sry Mac peeps) and download an install program then register. Then goto the same URL on your Wii, and viola play all your media files on the TV. Divx movies, MP3s, aPictures, and whatever else you can think of. The problem is though, when I go to the website, and download the installer program I get an error saying that the installer is corrupt. Is anyone else having this issue? PLEASE HELP!!!

Yeh i get the same error, i think its just one big scam

Yeah, but IGN.com isn't in the business of posting incorrect news like that.

True, maybe the site isnt fully functional just yet.

I think I saw somewhere that you need to configure Orb to re-code the output to Flash format... can't remember where I saw that, as it explained how to do it, but maybe one of you guys who has installed it can have a look at the options..?

Well... That's the problem. We can't install it. Gives an error code as soon as you doubleclick on the program. I was just wondering if anyone has been able to install it, and how.

Oh, I see... heh, that'll teach me to not read posts entirely :D

Lemme try here ;)

edit: works fine for me... have now got it running. I installed a non-US version, I went for the UK version, maybe it's just the American version that's corrupt...?

Last edited:
Good idea, I'll try that. Let me know how well it works once it's up and running on the PC, and Wii.

:thumbsup:

well the Opera Web browser on Wii is just a trial version, just wait for the full version in March, we all get to do more stuff that we cant do now *coughflashplayer9cough*.

Yeah, I figured the Trial version was missing some stuff. I knew it had flash because I could browse www.newgrounds.com, but then I couldn't browse www.heavy.com That's probly because of the lack of Flash9 which is pretty much a standard now. Screw it, maybe I'll just run an S-Video cable from my computer like I used to. Except, last time I did that I tripped over the cord and fried my motherboard.

It works just fine

ive been using orb for a while now and have been using it on the wii since the browserwas available !!!

you have to go into the settings, once you have installed orb and change it so that orb will make a new window when opening a file. also change the setting so that it opens the file in a flash player.

It installed? Did you get the UK version too?

the video presentation is very crappy...its very pixelly...if anyone knows how to make it not as bad (blurry, slow, or stuff like that) please post. It's not because of memory or my internet connection, i have comcast.

Back