Play GC games on Wii

rmw

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2007
When loading old GC games (hockey 2003) I get an error message that I need a memory card in slot A. I put one in and it still locks up the game at that error message. It does the same on on of our GC games. Do I have a seting set wrong.

I had this issue one time, and that was right before my generic memory card fried my Gamecube. Not to say bad things about the company, I like their products, but the Nyko card forced me to buy a new system and I have never bought third party cards since. You may want to do more research on the card if it is generic, if it isn't, I'm not sure what to tell you. If anything, buy a memory card cleaner and clean the interior connector and see if that helps, maybe there's some debris somewhere causing a faulty connection.

That sounds to me like a problem I had just this christmas.

It turned out that the memory card itself was faulty (GC card, not Wii card).

I got a new one and I've not had a single problem so far.

Thanks But

I was getting this same error message before putting in a SD sard. Can't you just play the GC games on your Wii without a memory card stopping me?

Ah gotcha, no, some GC games require memory cards and won't work properly without them, but I've never seen one that actually *requires* one to play.

Actually, there are a few games that tell you there is no memory card present, please insert it. If you don't, well, you're stuck at that screen. Such a joke!

Back