Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

play halo with wii-mote

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by joshhunt07, Feb 24, 2007.

1. joshhunt07

joshhunt07 WiiChat Member

i was just thinking that if they already made half-life 2 work with the wii-mote why dont they just make the controls exactly the same for halo and the wii-mote would already know everything so it would pick it up

2. adf3424sdff

adf3424sdff Guest

please say it again in english mate

3. Arcadium

Arcadium Not Banned

Wii Friend Code: 6980-3796-3948-8393
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    Half-Life 2 doesn't work with the pointer, it works with accelerometers, and that was done from some hackers. It's impossible to see Halo on wii, because the rights are from microsoft.

4. joshhunt07

i think u misunderstood me, they can play half-life 2 with the wii-mote on their computers.....so they could just configure the controls 4 halo and they you cud play it....

5. dakuda

dakuda WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    This is the only part of your posts in this thread that makes any sense.

6. joshhunt07

well i am srry if this is not clear 2 you but im pretty sure when half-life was mentioned every1 wud have picked it up

7. MysticGohan

MysticGohan WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2476-7789-3835-5591
    2476-7789-3835-5591
    ok! remember back some time ago some hacker made use of wii-mote for
    half-life 2. well he is saying why can't some hacker do the samething for halo. my answer they can do it but i don't think we will see it until halo 3 comes out for comp...

8. spicka

spicka Beastin By Nature!

i understand what he is saying

He means that people are playing Half Live on their comp via bluetooth and wiimote. And that they should be able to do this with halo 2

9. joshhunt07

yes! you seem to understand, so do you think there is any way 2 do that because im pretty sure its possilbe, but i have no idea how 2 do it

10. joshhunt07

i also dont have a wii yet either lol....its gonna be here on tuesday....so once i get it im going 2 steal half-life 2 from my friend and try it out and then c if i can make the half-life 2 controls 4 half-life....thats if its simple...if not i wud need help and i think it wud be awesome and we shud start that project...and 4 the person who mentioned halo 3, y not start now and get a head start so we can do it the second halo 3 is released

11. callme.nasty

callme.nasty Account Suspended

i could've sworn this was an english speaking forum...

12. joshhunt07

???

how is it that every1 else it getting it and u dont

for the last time im going 2 explain 4 ppl who cannot grasp this incredibly simple topic

a while back someone figured out a way 2 use your wii remote on your computer

you could use it to control your mouse

still with me??

then they figured out a way so you could play half-life 2 with the wii-mote... u could shoot, run jump, reload, everything you could do on the keyboard was made possible to do on the wii-mote

so wat i am saying is that if they did it was half-life 2, y not do the same with halo!

understand, you ignorant member?

13. callme.nasty

callme.nasty Account Suspended

haha. i knew what you were trying to say, i was just commenting on your terrible grammar.

14. MaXiMiUS

MaXiMiUS Custom User Title (TM)

Wii Friend Code: 2573-4546-5926-8361
    2573-4546-5926-8361
    With Half Life 2, AFAIK, it didn't have actual POINTING. You tilted the controller (hence, ACCELEROMETERS).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerometer

You wouldn't just be pointing and clicking. Also, you have incredibly poor sentence structure, spelling, and grammar. Seriously, take the time to learn how the hell to write things, and how to do so with a keyboard.

15. joshhunt07

I know how to type properly but since this is an internet forum I would have expected everyone to understand such slang that I was using. Also, it is much faster and I do no have as much free time as others may have so I wanted to get what I needed as quickly as possible so I could continue working

Thanks for explaining it to me though

16. Bazildon

Bazildon WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3689-9398-2998-5239
    3689-9398-2998-5239
    the thing you're all scrabbling for is called "GlovePie" and it uses the Bluesolei (sic) driver so you can use your wiimote and nunchuck on your pc. It comes with alsorts of scripts for loads of different apps/games and its easy to write your own.

I tried it with google earth and it worked quite well, sadly i use megamall to transfer Mii's about the place and that doesn't work with the Bluesolei drivers only Widcom ones. So unless someone has a cunning way to have 2 seperate drivers for bluetooth on an XP pc at the same time you to re-install the bluetooth drivers depending on which app you wanna use.

17. Let_It_Burn

Let_It_Burn WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 4265-9989-6310-1490
    4265-9989-6310-1490
    how can my PC recognize the Wiimote??? I need a bluetooth adapter or something?

can you give me a link where I could find out every step on how to do this?!

thanks

18. Henry

Henry WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    you need a bluetooth adaptor because your wii remote is bluetooth recognised.

you will then need to download GlovePIE which I forgot the website to.

You will then need to link them via a program (my bluetooth adaptor came with a program)

and then type in commands / script into GlvoePie to run from it and you should be able to do it.

19. Bazildon

Bazildon WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3689-9398-2998-5239
    3689-9398-2998-5239
    I bought a new bluetooth adapter just for using the Wiimote, they are not expensive at all i paid £5 (GBP) for mine - got it from here It comes (as most do) with the Bluesolie (still don't know how to spell it :s )driver.

This worked fine with GlovePie, which can be found here. When you download it it already has a shed-load of scripts for various apps/games and there is a forum where people are doing new scripts and updating old ones for you to download. If you browse the site and/or do a google for glovepie scripts you'll prolly find a script for the app you wanna use.

However, if you (currently) wanna use your Wiimote to transfer Mii's on and offline via megamall - found here - the program only works with the widcomm driver - found here.

This is my pain in the arse - if i wanna use glovepie i have to uninstall widcomm and then install bluesolie...which arses up megamall :mad:

I'm sure when the "scene" has finally sorted itself out it will all be good and cross-compatable, but for the mo its a bit of a pain.

Just reminded me - (sorry to go off topic) if anyone wants an LG-8164B DVD-drive i have 2 (brand new boxed) to spare, PM me for details.

#19 Bazildon, Feb 25, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  20. chase

chase Say wha'!? ...Oh.

Halo is for PC. That's what he may not get.