Play Videos from Harddrive

bigggnick

WiiChat Member
Dec 16, 2010
Hello everyone,

I have a 2 TB Hard drive with a whole bunch of movies and TV shows on it. My friend has a ps3, and to watch any of the videos, all I have to do is plug the hard drive into the ps3, go to video, select hard drive, and click play on whichever one I want to watch. They are mostly in avi format, with a few mkv and mp4s. Is there any way to do something similar on the Wii? Ideally, I'd like to plug the hard drive into the USB port on the side and watch the videos that way.

Thanks,

Nick

I never ever even thought of doing something like that...but..I suppose it could work..then again..the wii doesn't even play movies..at all. So i'm quite sure you'd have a video problem. In which case...I don't think it would work.

You can play Videos from the SD Memory Card without hacking. But you cannot use a 2TB HDD even when connected to USB Port. Like someone before me, Homebrew may help if you really want to or a Mod Chip that can force the system to as well.

wow..someones post was deleted LMAO xD

Anyways, good luck.

like with me, i back up and play wiiware and VC games from my SD drive to save room.

Back