play videos on wii?

Im not sure if Ive missed it, but has anyone mensioned the file formats or file extensions? I doubt AVIs will work cuz it needs the right codecs but Mpeg4 should work. I tried 3gp from my cell phone but it didn't work.

tgelston said:
I used an SD card- one SP episode was 520mb after conversion - I am not sure you can email that large a file ;)

I wonder if when the opera browser comes. . . would you be able to download files?

And yes this works - I couldn't believe how easy it was.

Are you serious? They are like 175MB on the PC. It's not worth converting to such a bigger size just to watch it on your Wii.

wii love gamin said:
maybe not to you but to other ppl it might be:idea:

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's just not logical. You download it and watch it on your PC already. Converting it, especially since the file size gets pretty much 4 times bigger, probably means it takes a while to do. And at that size, you're lucky if you can get 4 episodes on an SD card.

Nobodys going to try it? All I have is a 128 mb card but Ill try it. Ok, I'm trying Mpeg .mov and .avi. Theres no sign of the mpeg. Mov. and .avi are recongnized but not playable "refer to manual." Thats all I have, someone try an mpeg4, or look in the manual. I've gotta go to bed.

I got a 256 MB SD card. Im a try it right now, Currently downloading the stuff we need

The converter is OK. The video quality after the conversion is about 20% worst then the original file. Weird thing is that the Wii is suppose to play .mov files, but the conversion is in avi.

Sucks though. At the moment, biggest video i could put was a 20 mins one... i need a bigger SD

I tried it and it works. I could watch the video. Problem is, is it normal it is going so slow?!

instead of adding wii code, you choose the right choice, which is other i think

you enter your e-mail. wait a while. on your e-mail, reply with anything and voila. you can send message back and forth between e-mail and wii. works with any other e-mail

matperry said:
instead of adding wii code, you choose the right choice, which is other i think

you enter your e-mail. wait a while. on your e-mail, reply with anything and voila. you can send message back and forth between e-mail and wii. works with any other e-mail
Can you put a You Tube video on there and watch it on your Wii?
EDIT:Im waiting for my Wii's request

Back