played Operation Wolf yet?

Jan 31, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
so, have any of you played operation wolf yet???????

I just played it. It definitely brought me back......

This game was one of the 4 or 5 games I got with my nintendo around '87. It was very damned hard at the time and I wondered how well I was going to do. I beat this game after much much practice back in the day. Well, I got past the first level without dying, but all in all, im proud of my 8 year old self for beating this hard bastard. I remember the boss at the end being a pimp ass Hind helicopter (the Ruski ones with the 4 mini-guns from back in the Rambo II days). I dont think I used the light gun back in the day, cuz it basicly sucked. Play control is pretty good on this game, well its just a crusor going around, but it is all pretty accurate.

The first thing that hit me, was that I had forgotten all of the music and what the game looked like, because it had been so long since I played it (and I played my first games TO DEATH). I always remember the music to games , even ones i rented.......but not this one. Super Old School. I always noticed how at the end of a stage on this game, the music holds a bad chord with a wrong terrible note in it. Like, wow, how did the programmers just let that one go, it could break glass......

However, being nostalgic for this game is probably a huge force behind me liking this game.......so here is my recomendation.....
If you are a huge 8-bit fan with 5 bucks to spend on FP shooter, arcade style, get this game. It is a huge challenge. Compete with a friend....

However, some of you might not like the bad graphics, difficulty, and not much variety in enemies. i give it a 5 out of 10.

(gee, what were those first games I got? Section Z, TopGun, SMB, Operation Wolf, Zelda II, Double Dragon.) ah....the good ol days....

I used the dpad in the 80s, and I liked it. But honestly, they can have my $5 when they spend the two days it would take to add wiimote IR pointer support. Seriously. It's like they're allergic to reasonable updates for VC titles/the VC emulator.

Wiinter said:
I used the dpad in the 80s, and I liked it. But honestly, they can have my $5 when they spend the two days it would take to add wiimote IR pointer support. Seriously. It's like they're allergic to reasonable updates for VC titles/the VC emulator.

I whole-heartedly agree with you there.

yeah, they should be able to do that so easily and dont, they are bastards.....

but, I remember trying the game with the zapper back in the day, and it wasnt accurate enough to try this hard ass game, so I always used the pad.

Back