Played the PS3

Rand

WiiChat Member
Nov 5, 2006
Wow..its so dang clear. I played in 720p on probably about a 20 inch screen. Crystal clear.. The PS3 itself its freakin huge..looks like a toaster oven. All of us Wii fans say that graphics dont matter very much, but it sure would be nice. It felt real..it was sweet. The BestBuy, Target, and Walmart we passed by all had at least 5 people waiting for the PS3..i was laughin like crazy.

Lol, did you have to wait in line ?
Yeah, graphics arent everything in a game but they improve it :)
What game(s) did you play ?

Rand said:
Wow..its so dang clear. I played in 720p on probably about a 20 inch screen. Crystal clear.. The PS3 itself its freakin huge..looks like a toaster oven. All of us Wii fans say that graphics dont matter very much, but it sure would be nice. It felt real..it was sweet. The BestBuy, Target, and Walmart we passed by all had at least 5 people waiting for the PS3..i was laughin like crazy.

You know what's funny. Alot of people that have played the Ps3 that before that bashed it... all said what you said. I personally can't wait to get one. I don't mind not keeping the launch console I recieve... even though I am debating whether or not I should. If I decide to.. I will have all 3 next-gen consoles by Sunday... Hmmm.

I forgot what the game was called..some racing game though. And ABC it will be awesome when you get it. It really looks real..but the system is huge.
Oh and there was no line..which was surprising.

ps3grill5iv.gif

i think it looks about the size of a george forman grill.... and all the ps3 kiosks around my house broke within the first 2 days. all froze...lol and graphics are good...for 5 min untill you realize the gameplay is super lame.

wiiman07 said:
and graphics are good...for 5 min untill you realize the gameplay is super lame.

That's pretty funny concidering the same developers making games for the Wii and XBox 360 are making games for the Ps3. People REALLY need to stop with the bullshit ignoraant comments and either educate themselves before they speak or just keep their mouthes shut. It's getting pretty annoying.

ummm...gameplay buddy.....aka...controllers... yes they have similar developers but i dont think they both have wiimotes...wait let me check........ummmmmm

nope only wii. yea... try again.

The video game industry was heading for a brick wall. Nintendo took a turn to avoid the wall while sony and mircrosft are still going toward it at full speed. My biggest thing is all this talk about graphics, while i would have prefered a little better graphics for the wii, its not a sellling point to me. thats not what the wii is all about.

Other then greatly improved graphics what will your average ps3 title offer that it could not on be ofered on the ps2?

The answear is nothing. as soon as those graphics become second nature you have nothing but an overpriced ps2. But you want to make a true next gen console you need to change the way the game is played. and that is exactly what nintendo is doing

Iwata- " we have reached a point in time where video games cannot be sold on horsepower alone"

Back