Played the PS3

Both systems have pros and cons, but the PS3 has more cons.

That and it simply isn't worth the price. There is no argument that can be made that validates the price tag. BLU-RAY is more than likely headed to failure, super graphics are still just graphics, and the 360s are a close(ish) second. That and their Japanese launch was CRAWLING with glitches and problems, none of which will be fixed for US launch.

I give them credit for outdoing many PCs (not mine..) as far as graphical capability, but their system falls short of 360 and Wii as far as being worth the money.

Cyan Winters said:
Both systems have pros and cons, but the PS3 has more cons.

That and it simply isn't worth the price. There is no argument that can be made that validates the price tag. BLU-RAY is more than likely headed to failure, super graphics are still just graphics, and the 360s are a close(ish) second. That and their Japanese launch was CRAWLING with glitches and problems, none of which will be fixed for US launch.

I give them credit for outdoing many PCs (not mine..) as far as graphical capability, but their system falls short of 360 and Wii as far as being worth the money.

You have the most flawed argument I have ever seen. At least give it an effort. Here let me brake it down for you.

You say, and I quote: "That and it simply isn't worth the price."

Ok, so the added extras of a Blu-Ray player, a more powerfull processor, Wifi, a 60GB! Hard drive, a wireless Sixaxis controller, and free online play are not worth the $200 difference to you? Interesting. I really wish the XBox 360 I bought had that extra ****. Becuase I felt kind of robbed.

You say: "BLU-RAY is more than likely headed to failure"

Is that why there are more mnovie studios and tech companies building and supporting Blu-Ray than there are HD-DVD? Again, where the hell are you coming from?

You say: "That and their Japanese launch was CRAWLING with glitches and problems"

Really? The only "glitch" anyone ran into was 200 Ps1 and Ps2 games are not backwards compatible out of thousands. 200 is the number of games the 360 IS capable of playing BC.

So please, elaborate on your post an enlighten us further.

Wow..i made this post for fun. Cool down yall. ABC just has a very unbiased opinion and the rest of yall have a completely biased opinion (like me) but i keep it to myself. Chill yall..

I agree with ABC, very flawed piece right there.
Nintendo smites you!

Yah, I wanted to mention ABC too, he is very unbias and can propel debates without flaming and he supports with facts. If only all Sony fans were like that...

Rand said:
I forgot what the game was called..some racing game though. And ABC it will be awesome when you get it. It really looks real..but the system is huge.
Oh and there was no line..which was surprising.
its ridge racer.... RIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACEEERRRRRRRR!

Thank you guys. As I have stated in a lot of threads... I am getting all three next-gen consoles not to mention the history of consoles I have owned (every major console since the Commodore 64). I am probably the most unbiased gamer on the internet.

ABC said:
Thank you guys. As I have stated in a lot of threads... I am getting all three next-gen consoles not to mention the history of consoles I have owned (every major console since the Commodore 64). I am probably the most unbiased gamer on the internet.
and i have nothing against it, its all opinions and I envy you for your tolerance

It's pretty hard to make an assessment on something with limited information. Especially down here, we're not getting the PS3 until sometime early next year (that is, an official release, whereas there's bound to be heaps of ebay imports). But as it stands, I can only see two possible games I'd want for it, and as far as the price tag is concerned, I probably won't be getting it until it's dropped to 1/2 - 1/3 it's launch price.

ABC said:
You have the most flawed argument I have ever seen. At least give it an effort. Here let me brake it down for you.

You say, and I quote: "That and it simply isn't worth the price."

Ok, so the added extras of a Blu-Ray player, a more powerfull processor, Wifi, a 60GB! Hard drive, a wireless Sixaxis controller, and free online play are not worth the $200 difference to you? Interesting. I really wish the XBox 360 I bought had that extra ****. Becuase I felt kind of robbed.

You say: "BLU-RAY is more than likely headed to failure"

Is that why there are more mnovie studios and tech companies building and supporting Blu-Ray than there are HD-DVD? Again, where the hell are you coming from?

You say: "That and their Japanese launch was CRAWLING with glitches and problems"

Really? The only "glitch" anyone ran into was 200 Ps1 and Ps2 games are not backwards compatible out of thousands. 200 is the number of games the 360 IS capable of playing BC.

So please, elaborate on your post an enlighten us further.

Glitches include overheating as well as, if you upload Jpgs onto the system (another feature) they will randomly pop-up on your screen in the middle of a game, crashing the game.

Good stuff.

Free internet? So? XBOX LIVE is a better system and doesn't cost much, and Nintendo's online will be free as well.

60GB Harddrive? What in the world do I need this for? How many saves would it possibly take to fill up that much space? It's not that big a deal. Just one of their numbers they throw at you.

BLU-RAY? The first production of PS3 CAN'T PLAY BLU-RAY MOVIES. Sounds like a great deal to me.

Processor? I can't deny it's more powerful than it's competition, but the difference isn't so profound that I want to pay 600 bucks.

Sixaxis controller? Firstly, the Axis system was taken from the Wii. And the controller DOESN'T RUMBLE. Why did they ditch dualshock? Who knows? But the rumble was the most profound feature of the Playstation controller, and it's gone. 5/10 controller.

You realize I can buy a Wii AND a 360 for the price of 1 PS3. It's NOT worth it. The PS3 alone is simply not as good as getting two whole other systems.

*edit* Off for the night, will respond accordingly tomorrow.

Last edited:
If i want a good graphics I'll download pc games via torrent. If I want to play video games in a whole different way, I'll play the wii im getting.

paintba||er said:
Where did you hear that PS3's can't play Blu-Ray Movies?

Why do you think I haven't replied to this kid. He is clearly pulling crap out of his ass.

ABC said:
So a standard controller and amazing grphics and inovative gameplay won't sell games? Is that why Gears of War and the Halo series are selling amazing? Developers are making gameplay just as inovative as the new graphics. Sorry to brake it to you but the Wii using composite cables is old news... HD is the way of the future and untilyou experience games in that manor, you shouldn't talk. And not having a toslink digital in for Surround sound!?!? Give me a brake man. I am going to buy a Wii and firgg'n love it. But I am also going to be pissed about it's shorcomings.

abc you have some good points but there is something you need to know....HD is great and its wonderfull to watch...but what comes after photo realism...nothing, exactly. Then it comes to HOW you play games and nintendo is well on its way with this one. If nintendo wanted to get AMAZING graphics for their system im sure they could, but they didnt want to screw over their fans by selling it for 600 dollars, they would rather find a better way to play the games, to start working on the path to the furture of gaming. just know that gears of war and halo are great games now but what about in a few years when nintendos next system is beyond the wii in innovative gaming and your ps4 is just another halo 4 with HD graphics, what then...you will get used to it and want a new way of playing.

paintba||er said:
I don't see why it matters to you people if sony copies them. All it does is improves their products so unless you work for Nintendo then you shouldn't care about them getting copied.

why get mad when a company steals your idea for a controller and half asses it and calls it a 6 axis, THEN claims that nintendo stole their technology from the eye toy ,(lol yea right, eye toy) and then takes out the rumble feature for this 6 axis that isnt that advanced (if anyone saw E3 you would know what im talking about) so now the ps3 controller wich was originally supposed to be the dildo shaped thing before they jacked nintendo (wich ironicly came right after wii was shown) now making the controller feel light and cheap? i dont know? why does it matter??? if you invent techonology someday and i steal it and half ass it someday...atleast i know that you wont be angry.

if the ps3 cost maybe 300, i would buy it, but after seeing and hearing about all of its glitches, including all 6 kiosks in my area alll froze within the same 2 days. I just dont think its worth the money. my only regret is not picking up a ps3 preorder for 50 bucks when i got my wii preorder so i could sell that mother on ebay for 4 figures. Maybe ps4, because god knows they wont change the name.

Back