Played the PS3

I find myself wanting all 3 systems, but at the same time the Wii is efinitely the most afordable. probably in another year or two I'l have them all and all of them will be fun to play. Though I'd hate to start trying to swing my xbox controller at the screen..

m7ticalm said:
I think that half of these people who are saying that the PS3 will suck probably have not even played it let alone seen it yet ABC :). IMO the PS3 will be great but i dont have the budget for its launch price. Maybe in a couple of years i may consider buying it, i dont know why there are so many haters here. Everyone hates anything thats not nintendo! Comeon guys, thats just plain hating. Its just someones opinion, and why would they be selling the PS3 if it was as bad as you guys are saying it is. I personally like the Wii much more than the PS3 but still, its going to be a good console. So all i really wanted to say was, lay off ABC, its just his opinion and he can do anything he wants with it. Secondly, stop with all the hating, its really annoying reading u guys continuosly crapping each others opinions. Thirdly, i just wanted to sat to Paintaballer, stop being the biggest hater. All your posts are just hate posts, i mean wtf is up with telling the new guy "Nice Triple Post"? HES ONLY GOT 14 POSTS GOD DAMMIT!

Yeah, so everyone just lay off each others opinions, i guess u can challenge them as everyone has their right for free speech but u dont have to make it all offensive or hate like.

im kinda of agreeing with this
basically here is my thoughts
1. i cant afford a ps3 £400 is bit out of my reach
2. i cant afford a hd tv to enjoy one
3. last time i got a sony product it broke down two days later (ps2)
4. if i had to choose between the wii and ps3 because of motion sensing i would chooose wii, d-pad doesnt work with motion sensing that well
5.it wont be out till march 2007 for europe
6. umm dont have a 6 hmmm thats me :lol: :wink:

I think that both will sell extremely well initially. However, with the high price of the PS3, no new gamers will want to go that route unless they are rich. It only targets its hard core audience and alienates the largest consumer base - non gamers. Wii will most likely attract new gamers, and as the cheapest console, it should gain more new players from all age groups than both PS3 and XBOX. So unless PS3 can lower the price, nobody will be able to buy it. It will do alright for itself, but serioulsy - I recently decided against getting a wii because I want a new computer instead - I could afford both, but I really dont need to tie my money into video games. And if I did that for the low cost of the wii (which by the way I have wanted this system for over a year and used to be fairly active on this forum) then imagine how many people are gonna turn away from PS3 because even though it is incredible and they would love to have it, its just not worth the cost. Maybe one day I'll get a wii - but for now its more about a new PC in time for Supreme Commander and Spore.

I played the PS3 also

I played the PS3 at my local walmart recently, and when I saw the kiosk, I was surprised to find that NOBODY was in line to try it out!!! I played a demo build of Motorstorm and while the graphics were amazing compared to anything else other than Gears of War, the gameplay rate was terrible. I would be around some other trucks kicking up some dust and the game would slow to about 1/2 the speed it was supposed to be at, in its defense, the gameplay never stuttered, just slowed down. That made it a lot more difficult to be patient enough to play. The load times were also very poor. If they can get the games working better, it is a system that I would buy in conjunction with the Wii I will be getting in a few days :hand: .

Last edited:
Well now I will smash all of your views lol,

As a computer system admin let give you all a bit of truth behind all this...HD talk

Fistly talking about CPU's, The Xbox 360 is pack 3 3.2 GHz processors while the PS3 packs one 3.1 Ghz core with 7 SPU slaves. Cutting out all the jibe what does this mean? Well basically the 360 can do two of the three different types of calculations better that a PS3 (interger, vector) while the PS3 can do one type WAY better (floating point or FLOPS). Basically this means that depending on how a game is programmed and what type of calculations are being done either could be better than the other.

One the GPU side of things the diffierence is that while the PS3 has a more powerful GPU capable of more pixel pipelines and more vector pipelines (basically better graphics) the 360 has a high memory bandwidth for the GPU and more RAM availible to the GPU (smoother gameplay. This means the ps3 has the potential for slightly better graphics while the 360 has the potential for slightly smoother graphics.

The Wii doesn't even shoot for either catagory, it is targeting another market all together, thus there is no point in comparing.

But all of what i just said means jack, because it is developers that make the games. The console's are tools, and just like a poor man with shitty tools can make beautifull art and a rich man with good tools can make shitty art, it is up to the developer to use each console's strengths to make good games. Buy a console not because of its power in an area, but it for the games and thier power to give u a good time, that is what is most important.

It is a War

Not sure if you are even still around ABC, but it is in fact a war. True, Nintendo is attempting to redefine the market, thus winning the highest percentage of the market. It is kind of like convincing non-voters to vote.

Regardless of how Nintendo gets the majority of market share (either by increasing existing market share or creating a new market), victory is victory.

I'm getting real tired of hearing people suggest that the average joe consumer is going to buy more than one console. That is exception, not the rule. I will not purchase two consoles.

You have your hardcore gamers that will purchase all three. You have your practical gamer that might purchase two. Then you have your typical gamer that will choose one.

Only time will tell . . . but I believe you will see Nintendo win the typical gamer war. As for the non-gamers being drawn into the market, this is just icing on the cake. It's easy to see why Nintendo is also poised to win the practical gamer market . . . and of course the hardcore gamer market.

Only one market matters . . . the one that constitutes the largest block of buyers. That group of consumers will buy one gaming console. There is a saturation point for console sales.

I have no statistics, because what I am saying is purely speculation. In one year, I will be proven right or wrong.

It would seem that 360 is pretty much the dud in the consoles war. Anyone who wanted one has got it. And anyone who doesnt may aswelll save up for the PS3 which may aswell be a supercharged 360.
For those that dont have HD, or dont care as MUCH about graphics (I like HD graphics, but **** painted colourful is still ****) may aswell save their money and buy a Wii. Plus their whole family can enjoy it, aswell as the inclusion of games for the hardcore market.

JeremyDay said:
Not sure if you are even still around ABC, but it is in fact a war. True, Nintendo is attempting to redefine the market, thus winning the highest percentage of the market. It is kind of like convincing non-voters to vote.

Regardless of how Nintendo gets the majority of market share (either by increasing existing market share or creating a new market), victory is victory.

I'm getting real tired of hearing people suggest that the average joe consumer is going to buy more than one console. That is exception, not the rule. I will not purchase two consoles.

Who the hell said that the average joe is going to purchase more than one console? The semi-serious gamer will have two console, hardcore... all three. Nintendo knows that they can never compete with Microsoft and Sony in the long run. We;ve seen it in the past, and we'll see it again when the final numbers are released in a few years. Sure, Nintendo ALWAYS does well at launch, even with the shitty Gamecube. But take a look at the final records of the last generation console sales. Here are the numbers to prove it:

Wikipedia said:
Console Units Sold Date
Sony PlayStation 2 106.23 million shipped June 30, 2006
Microsoft Xbox 24.40 million June 30, 2006
Nintendo GameCube 21.20 million May 10, 2006
Sega Dreamcast 10.60 million N/A

Link: History of video game consoles (sixth generation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nintendo's route to the gaming world is great for initial sales, but having weak technology doesn't last nearly as long as putting true "next-generation" technology inside a console. For example, let's all guess which of the three systems will have a longer shelf life? Hmmm, the one with no DVD player, the one with a standard DVD player, or the one with a next-generation Blu-Ray drive? As much as you fanbitches don't want to admit it, the long run will be won by Sony. So deal with it. Oh, and next time you bring an argument, back it up with something other than your worthless words.

Last edited:
Interestingly on ebay, the majority of listings have a PS3 bundled with a 'free Wii', seems poeple do want another console with a free game, as opposed to 3 PS3 games....

Generally, when people buy a game console they buy it for 1 main thing.. (here it comes) playing video games. Sure you get the fun extras like a DVD player (or Blu-Ray) or being able to play music, but in the end you're not gonna buy it just for that, you'd just go and buy a DVD player or a Blu-Ray player. To me it just comes to as "Oh, that's nice"

I don't care if Sony is saying PS3 is a computer (as mentioned somewhere in a previous post) people aren't buying it as a computer.

After all is said and done I just wanna sit down, play a game, and have fun, without spending an arm and leg for extra stuff on the system I'm not ever gonna use, maybe that's my flaw but who knows.

I might buy a PS3 when it's price goes down because I wanna play some of the games (mainly the SE ones) as I'm a huge fan of the FF and KH series but as for now I'll stick with my old fashioned good 'ol Wii.

Last edited:
ABC said:
You know what's funny. Alot of people that have played the Ps3 that before that bashed it... all said what you said. I personally can't wait to get one. I don't mind not keeping the launch console I recieve... even though I am debating whether or not I should. If I decide to.. I will have all 3 next-gen consoles by Sunday... Hmmm.

I completely agree with you. The PS3's looking great. It's looking great for very different reasons than the Wii, but looking great nonetheless.

If you can manage to get your hands on one though, I'd sell it. If you've already got a 360 and a Wii, you have both ends of the spectrum (excellent graphics and excellent gameplay, respectively), and while the 360 will fall short of the ps3's graphical capability, it's not that far behind. You should be able to still make a decent prophet off of ebay.

Back